Varieties of English -- Student Presentations
Course number: LET015M10
- New Zealand English by Marije van der Kooi.
- Scottish English by Wieke Hillen.
- Pakstani English by Jet Engels. There is also a handout.
- Gullah (U.S. coastal island) by Maaike van der Spoel.
- Northern U.S. Cities by Ellen Mulder.
- Singapore English by Sylvie Boersma.
- Australian Aboriginal English by Anneke Middelveld.
- Edgar Schneider's (general) views on the dynamics of the development of new Englishes by Marije van der Kooi.
- Edgar Schneider's (more specific) views on late stages in establishing a world variety applied to Parkistani Engels by Jet Engels.
- Shackleton's analysis of the relation of British and American varieties by Ellen Mulder.
- Szmrecsanyi & Kortmann's global view of of English morpho-syntactic systems world-wide by Wieke Hillen.
- Mufwene's view, inspired by population genetics, on creole genesis by Maaike van der Spoel.
Discussions of Final Papers (Notes)
- Pakistani English by Jet Engels.