Andhra Christian College
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A C College
|Latin: Collegium Andhra Christianus|
|Motto||Latin: Et Cognoscetis Veritatem Et Veritas Liberabit Vos. English: ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.|
|Chancellor||President, Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church(AELC)|
|Principal||MES Sri Vijaya Raj|
The Andhra Christian College or A.C. College is one of the oldest colleges India: It started in 1885. AC College is part of the education enterprise of the Protestant churches. It admits intermediate, undergraduate and graduate students and awards degrees through the Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjunanagar to which it is affiliated.
Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church (AELC) through its Board of Education administers the college.
The school consists of three entities:
- Day College
- Evening College
- College of Law
Pre-university or Intermediate courses are offered. The college is affiliated to the Board of Intermediate Education, Hyderabad, a regulatory authority for pre-university courses in Andhra Pradesh.
The following course combinations are available:
- Biology, Physics, Chemistry
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- History, Economics, Commerce
- Civics, Economics, Commerce
- Master of Arts (M.A.) English and History
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) Chemistry and Zoology
Science & Technology
- Dr Vellanki Seshagiri Rao former Associate Director & Distinguished Scientist ISRO SHAR
- Dr. K. Anji Reddy
- Dewan Bahadur T. S. Paulus
- Jandhyala Papayya Sastry, poet who wrote Pushpa Vilapam
- Subba Rao Edara, Deputy Superintendent of Police Retd.
- Paturi Rajagopala Naidu
- Podila Koteswara Rao
- Bhavanam Venkataram
- Kasu Brahmananda Reddy
- N. G. Ranga
- NT Rama Rao
- Juvviguntla ratna pushparaju
- S. V. L. Narasimham
- Jesudasu Seelam
- Nakka. Anand babu
- Rev. Dr. P. Victor Premasagar
- Rev. Dr. B. V. Subbamma
- Rev. Dr. Dass Babu
- Rev. Dr. N. V. Luther Paul
- Pilla Zamindar, a Telugu movie, was filmed at the college. It was named Mangamma Memorial College in the movie.
- Chalo a Telugu film, starring Naga Shourya and Rashmika Mandanna was filmed in the college. It was named as BGN college in the movie.
- Brochevarevarura film starring Sri vishnu and Nivetha thomas shot here.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Andhra-Christian College.|
- Luther Richardson, Kolluri, Rev., Towards Self-Reliance, p. xi, Editorial by Rev. Dr. D.V. Daniel
- T.S. Paulus served as principal and was war advisor to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 29 May 2005. Retrieved 28 October 2007.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Stewart, Wilma S. (2006). "Appendix VI". The Story of Serampore and its College (4th ed.). pp. 177–179. Archived from the original on 22 October 2003.
- Rev. Dr. Dass Babu is a disciple of Premasagar
- Dr. Luther Paul presently heads a Seminary in Hyderabad Andhra Christian Theological College
- Further reading
- Luther Richardson, Kolluri, Rev. (2003). "Towards Self-Reliance : A historical survey of the programmes and efforts of Andhra Evangelical Lutheran Church from 1927-1969, Published by Christopher and Kanakaiah, Vijayawada".CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- Senftleben, Martin (1992). "Influences of Hinduism on Christianity in Andhra Pradesh. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati" (PDF). I. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 December 2008. Retrieved 28 October 2007.
- "Influences of Hinduism on Christianity in Andhra Pradesh. Unpublished Ph.D. thesis, Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupati" (PDF). II. 1992. Archived from the original (PDF) on 9 December 2008. Retrieved 28 October 2007.