Lea village pump.
|OS grid reference|
|• London||135 mi (217 km) S|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||East Midlands|
Lea is a small village and civil parish in the West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire, England. The population of the civil parish at the 2011 census was 1,009. It is at the junction of the A156 and B1241, approximately 2.5 miles (4 km) south from Gainsborough town centre.
Lea has a village hall, the Lea Institute, and a park with tennis court. There are no shops in the village, the nearest being a supermarket and filling station 1.5 miles (2.4 km) away at Gainsborough.
The primary school is the Frances Olive Anderson School. The school was established by Lady Anderson in about 1814, and the current building was built as a Church of England (Aided) school in 1966. Extra classrooms were added in 1971.
The parish church is dedicated to St Helen. It is one of seven churches in the Lea group of the Deanery of Corringham in the Diocese of Lincoln. The 2013 incumbent is Rev Phillip Wain. There is also a Methodist Chapel, part of the Gainsborough circuit.
The nearest railway station is Gainsborough Lea Road on the Sheffield to Lincoln Line, with services to Lincoln, Sheffield, Retford and Doncaster. Lea is on a bus route, provided by Stagecoach, that runs from Scunthorpe to Lincoln.
- "Lea Parish Council". Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Offuice for National Statistics. Retrieved 22 May 2016.
- "Lea Parish Council - The Village Hall". Retrieved 1 January 2013.
- "Frances Olive Anderson CE School". Retrieved 16 February 2013.
- "School Brochure", Frances Olive Anderson CE School Archived 2 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved 30 January 2014
- "Diocese of Lincoln: Directory–Lea". Diocese of Lincoln. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
- "Lea Methodist Church" Archived 3 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine, Gainsborough Methodist Circuit. Retrieved 13 February 2013
- "InterConnect routes" Archived 28 February 2013 at the Wayback Machine, Stagecoach route map for InterConnect service 100. Retrieved 30 January 2014
- Media related to Lea, Lincolnshire at Wikimedia Commons