Liberal Democratic Party (Serbia)
|Founded||November 5, 2005|
|Split from||Democratic Party (DS)|
|Headquarters||Emilijana Josimovića 4, |
|Political position||Radical centre|
|Regional affiliation||Liberal South East European Network|
|European affiliation||Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe Party (associate)|
4 / 250
|Assembly of Vojvodina|
0 / 120
*Formerly observer of the Liberal International.
The Liberal Democratic Party was founded on 5 November 2005 by former members of the Democratic Party, led by Čedomir Jovanović, who were expelled in a party purge in 2004. Jovanović had become critical of the new direction of the Democratic Party and its newly elected president, Boris Tadić. The LDP gained its first seat in parliament after Đorđe Đukić defected from the Democratic Party. Members of the foundation board were: Nenad Prokić, Nikola Samardžić, Branislav Lečić and Đorđe Đukić.
Presidents of the Liberal Democratic Party (2005–Present)
|#||President||Born-Died||Term start||Term end|
|1||Čedomir Jovanović||1971–||5 November 2005||Incumbent|
The LDP's first electoral performance was during the 2007 Serbian parliamentary election, the LDP ran in a coalition together with the Civic Alliance of Serbia, the Social Democratic Union and the League of Social Democrats of Vojvodina which collectively received 5.31% of the popular vote. The Civic Alliance would later merged into the LDP the same year.
The next election followed a year later, with the LDP receiving only 5.24% of the popular vote, its worst performance to date.
|Year||Popular vote||% of popular vote||# of seats||Seat change||Coalitions||Government|
6 / 250
11 / 250
12 / 250
0 / 250
|12||With SDU−BDZS||no seats|
4 / 250
|Election year||#||Candidate||1st round votes||%||2nd round votes||%||Notes|
|2012||6th||Čedomir Jovanović||196,668||5.03%||—||—||U-Turn coalition|
- Milinković, D. (13 April 2015). "Trećina kod naprednjaka" (in Serbian). Večernje novosti.
- Nordsieck, Wolfram (2016). "Serbia". Parties and Elections in Europe. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- Hans Slomp (2011). Europe, A Political Profile: An American Companion to European Politics. ABC-CLIO. p. 588. ISBN 978-0-313-39182-8. Retrieved 28 August 2018.
- LDP: Govt. must protect Pride Parade Archived 2014-02-22 at the Wayback Machine b92.net
- Commission announces results of parliamentary elections Archived 2012-05-12 at the Wayback Machine. B92.