New York's 10th State Senate district
|New York's 10th|
State Senate District
|Current senator||James Sanders Jr. (D–Far Rockaway)|
15.7% No party preference
New York's 10th State Senate district is one of 63 districts in the New York State Senate. It has been represented by Democratic Senator James Sanders Jr. since 2013, following his defeat of corrupt Senator Shirley Huntley in the 2012 Democratic primary election.
District 10 is located in Southeast Queens, including the neighborhoods of Laurelton, Rosedale, Springfield Gardens, Edgemere, Bayswater, Arverne, and Far Rockaway, as well as the John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Recent election results
|Democratic||James Sanders Jr. (incumbent)||63,704||99.7|
|Democratic||James Sanders Jr. (incumbent)||5,495||58.0|
|Democratic||James Sanders Jr. (incumbent)||84,582||96.5|
|Women's Equality||Adrienne Adams||3,054||3.5|
|Democratic||James Sanders Jr. (incumbent)||6,340||73.9|
|Democratic||James Sanders Jr. (incumbent)||29,398||100.0|
|Democratic||James Sanders Jr.||5,322||56.6|
|Democratic||Shirley Huntley (incumbent)||3,747||39.9|
|Democratic||James Sanders Jr.||67,474||100.0|
Federal results in District 10
|2016||President||Clinton 90.6 – 8.0%|
|2012||President||Obama 94.3 – 5.4%|
|Senate||Gillibrand 95.1 – 4.5%|
- "State Senate District 10, NY". Census Reporter. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- "Enrollment by Senate District". New York State Board of Elections. February 2019.
- "Our District". James Sanders Jr., The New York State Senate. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- "New York State Senate District 10". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 25 June 2019.
- "Daily Kos Elections Statewide Results by LD". Daily Kos. Retrieved 25 June 2019.