New York's 37th State Senate district
|New York's 37th|
State Senate District
|Current senator||Shelley Mayer (D–Yonkers)|
25.% No party preference
New York's 37th State Senate district is one of 63 districts in the New York State Senate. It has been represented by Democratic Senator Shelley Mayer since 2018, following her victory in a competitive special election to succeed Democratic Senator George Latimer, who had recently been elected Westchester County Executive.
District 37 covers a swath of Westchester County in the suburbs of New york City, including some or all of Bedford, Eastchester, Harrison, Mamaroneck, New Rochelle, North Castle, Rye, White Plains, and Yonkers.
Recent election results
|Democratic||Shelley Mayer (incumbent)||78,182||100|
|Democratic||George Latimer (incumbent)||73,116||55.7|
|Democratic||George Latimer (incumbent)||38,092||52.2|
Federal results in District 37
|2016||President||Clinton 59.3 – 37.5%|
|2012||President||Obama 54.0 – 45.0%|
|Senate||Gillibrand 64.8 – 33.8%|
- "State Senate District 37, NY". Census Reporter. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Enrollment by Senate District". New York State Board of Elections. February 2019.
- "Our District". Shelley B. Mayer, The New York State Senate. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "New York State Senate District 37". Ballotpedia. Retrieved 15 July 2019.
- "Daily Kos Elections Statewide Results by LD". Daily Kos. Retrieved 15 July 2019.