Patrice Fontanarosa (born 4 September 1942 in Paris) is a French classical violinist, the elder son of the painters Lucien Fontanarosa (1912-1975) and Annette Faive-Fontanarosa (1911-1988). He is married to harpist Marielle Nordmann.
He formed the famous Fontanarosa Trio with his sister Frédérique Fontanarosa, pianist, and their brother Renaud Fontanarosa, cellist.
- Solo violin of I Virtuosi di Roma
- 1976 to 1985, concertmaster of the Orchestre national de France
- Music director of the Orchestre des Pays de Savoie when it was created in 1984
- Violinist of the Fontanarosa
International prizes and awards
- Villa Lobos in Rio de Janeiro
- Enesco in Bucarest
- Kreisler in Liège
- 1965: 6th prize of the Long-Thibaud-Crespin Competition in Paris
- Ginette Neveu competition in Paris
- 1967: 3rd prize of the Paganini Competition in Genoa
- 1995: Victoire de la musique; best Instrumental soloist for the CD Le Violon de l'Opéra