|Editor Assistance: Requests|
- 1 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prettyboy_Reservoir
- 2 Advertising Nicotine Products-VUSE/ALTO
- 3 There used to be a More Eyes/Editors request form on WP?
- 4 List of enclaves and exclaves - needs help with definition
- 5 Wikipedia Page Undeletion
- 6 Notification on respective articles to show there is an ongoing discussion taking place
- 7 deleted edits
- 8 Help needed with editing
- 9 Definitive birthplace for Patty Duke
- 10 By The Sea 2002
The subject article has an error. The Prettyboy Dam does flow into Gunpowder Falls. However, part of the page confuses 'Falls' with 'River.'
This can be excused, but for the reference that the river below the dam separates Baltimore and Harford counties.
It does not.
Gunpowder Falls is wholly within Baltimore County.
When Gunpowder Falls empties into the tidewater portion (just east of the US 40 bridge), it is then known as Gunpowder River. At that point, the 'river,' (again, the tidewater portion) does become the boundary between Baltimore and Harford counties.
To sum it up, Gunpowder 'Falls' is wholly in Baltimore County; Gunpowder 'River' is the boundary between Baltimore and Harford counties.
Advertising Nicotine Products-VUSE/ALTO
184.108.40.206 (talk) 21:08, 6 May 2019 (UTC)I was very upset and disappointed that you are using HLN or any television network to promote any Nicotine product as you did with VUSE/ALTO on 5/6/19 at 12:50pm. No matter how you try to disguise it you are promoting a very harmful DRUG. I thought there was a law about not promoting any drugs on advertisements? Please re look at your sources for getting money for your network you shouldn't have to go this low!
- It's unclear why you are posting this criticism on a Wikipedia editor's assistance board. Wikipedia does not promote any products on television. Please ask a question that requires editing help. TimTempleton (talk) (cont) 23:31, 6 May 2019 (UTC)
There used to be a More Eyes/Editors request form on WP?
I'm a returning editor and remember it from about 8 years ago. Has it been deprecated for WP:Third Opinion? I've looked through half a dozen pages and can't find it or anything similar.
- Personally, I would try to ask for more input at one or more of the WikiProjects linked near the top of the talkpage. Gråbergs Gråa Sång (talk) 17:56, 10 May 2019 (UTC)
List of enclaves and exclaves - needs help with definition
I'm asking here since the talk page and Wikipedia:WikiProject Geography are inactive. This is not about content disputes.
On List of enclaves and exclaves#Enclaves that are also exclaves, List of enclaves and exclaves#Enclaves that are not exclaves and List of enclaves and exclaves#Exclaves that are not enclaves, I have added some definitions, but I would appreciate it if someone could check their accuracy and expand the details a bit more.
- Chelston-temp-1 It's an interesting article and appears comprehensive. But rather than rely on your fellow-Wikipedia editors (sorry you've drawn a blank: there are not many who are still genuinely here to "build an encyclopedia"), if you have specialist knowledge of the field could you not seek out some published sources for the definitions and cite them in the article?: Bhunacat10 (talk), 13:24, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- @User:Bhunacat10: I don't have specialized knowledge, unfortunately, that's why I'm seeking assistance. --Chelston-temp-1 (talk) 13:32, 11 May 2019 (UTC)
- Chelston-temp-1 I don't quite understand Bhunacat10's comment:
there are not many who are still genuinely here to "build an encyclopedia"- he's not a particularly prolific editor himself. However, niche articles may not receive as much attetion as other more popular topics. You may get more resonance to your request if you post at Wikipedia:WikiProject Geography. Kudpung กุดผึ้ง (talk) 05:59, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
- I took it that the questioner would already have tried a post at that WikiProject before concluding that it was inactive. Meanwhile it's odd that an editor who hadn't been seen on this board since January would show up now to make a disparaging remark about a colleague (total 30,000 edits and 50 new articles if you care to check my userpage): Bhunacat10 (talk), 08:29, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
Wikipedia Page Undeletion
A page with the above name has been reported as deleted. It was active from 2014 to October 2017. Around early 2018 it was not found. The reason for deletion is unknown. The personality whom the said article describes is a social worker in Pune, Maharashtra as well as an RTI activist. We request to discover the reason for deletion and the process to undelete the same.
My name is Padmashree Ghangale and I am a new user. On behalf of Vijay Kumbhar I have initiated this request.
- Hello PadmashreeGhangale, and welcome to Wikipedia. I see you have discovered the process, Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion. For the reason, see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Vijay Kumbhar. If you intend to edit WP on behalf of Vijay Kumbhar, please take the time to read Wikipedia:Conflict of interest.
- Based on this googlesearch  it may very well be possible to create a WP-article about him that survives, but I have not actually checked any sources. WP:NOENG may be of interest. Gråbergs Gråa Sång (talk) 16:56, 12 May 2019 (UTC)
Thank you for your prompt response. May we please request to undelete the page. There are numerous reliable sources through which we can confirm the notability of this person. His presence on the internet is of value to the Indian people who are pursuing their right to information. Below are all the channels that have published his work over the years.                       
Please advice how may we proceed with undeletion of the said page.
- Follow the instructions at Wikipedia:Requests for undeletion. Requests made here at this forum will be ignored. Regards, TransporterMan (TALK) 18:24, 14 May 2019 (UTC)
- Comment to PadmashreeGhangale: when you're trying to convince Wikipedia editors that a subject is notable, a small number (e.g. 4) of good sources is far more effective than a large number (e.g. 25) of poor or worthless sources. In particular, a source reporting what the subject has said does nothing to establish notability. What counts is what others have said about the subject. Maproom (talk) 07:21, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
Notification on respective articles to show there is an ongoing discussion taking place
I’ve started a discussion on the Game of Thrones talk page regarding an editor who has removed all Infobox images from every episodes article. I thought posting it there would be a good central location, but no one likely knows it’s there.
I’d like to place a template at the top of each episode’s article stating where this discussion is taking place, as there’s rogue convos happening on multiple episodes talk pages.
1) is this allowed? 2) if so, what’s the ideal template?
Looking through my edit history, I have four edits that have been (seemingly) deleted, and I can't figure out why. They were all at Wikipedia:Administrators' noticeboard/Incidents with the following timestamps:
- 11:19, May 15, 2019
- 10:41, May 15, 2019
- 10:40, May 15, 2019
- 10:38, May 15, 2019
- @Slugger O'Toole: The redaction was made in response to another edit on the page by a different editor. Every revision of the page between the offensive comment being added and subsequently removed has to be redacted, as it contained the comment in question. Consequently, your revision has been struck as collateral damage. As far as I can see, your comments are still present in the ANI thread you contributed to. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 17:02, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
Help needed with editing
Hi, I need help editing articles and adding them to lists. I do a lot of editing, but can not do it all by myself as it is just too much work, can anyone please help me? Davidgoodheart (talk) 08:10, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
- @Davidgoodheart: This is a very general request. If there are specific articles you need help with, have you considered going to those articles' talk pages to request help from other editors interested in those subjects? You might also solicit help on the list pages' talk pages. People like their lists to be complete. TimTempleton (talk) (cont) 18:42, 16 May 2019 (UTC)
Definitive birthplace for Patty Duke
An editor changed Patty Duke's place of birth from Queens to Manhattan. I did a quick search, determined the change was incorrect and changed it back, messaging the editor a courtesy heads up. The editor pointed out that Patty Duke's biography states she was born in Manhattan (Bellevue Hospital). Trying to get a definitive answer I dug a bit deeper only to discover that multiple sources give conflicting information, and they all seem to be drawing from the same Associated Press article.
Bellevue Hospital, Manhattan, NY
- her autobiography
- Orange County Register - https://www.ocregister.com/2016/03/29/oscar-winning-actress-patty-duke-dies-at-69/
- Irish Times - https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/film/child-actor-and-oscar-winner-patty-duke-dies-at-69-1.2591371
- Los Angeles Times - https://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-patty-duke-20160330-story.html
- prior Wikipedia entry
- The Associated Press - https://www.apnews.com/a0b794cd623e47f98815ceb1d4b17db1
- Chicago Tribune - https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-patty-duke-dead-20160329-story.html
- unless there s a Patty duke scholar out there who has written the definitive book, I would stick to her autobiography here on pge 8, she pretty clearly says she was born in Bellevue hospital. It was published in 2011, well before the AP article. Possibly the rest are confusing where she was born with where she grew up? Curdle (talk) 14:17, 20 May 2019 (UTC)
By The Sea 2002
To: The Wikipedia Editors
This Is In Regards to: The Wikipedia Submission for the Independent film: By The Sea 2002
This is Simply the Backstory of By The Sea we are sharing:
Dean Huh–aka Dean/East (me) and Dean/West (Dean Barnes) – were both aspiring filmmakers at the time…Whenever, we had the chance – we went into networks/studios like CBS, Paramount and Lifetime to pitch our projects– only to get shot down every time.
Finally, in October 2001, we decided to “green light” ourselves and shot the independent film: By The Sea in 9 Days – mostly along the shores of Rhode Island at the Weekpaug Inn (see: Wikipedia). Despite having stunning blue skies to shoot with every day, everyone was truly pre-occupied with the tragic events of 9/11which had occurred two weeks earlier.
In April of 2002, By The Sea sold out 3 shows at the Providence Festival of New Latin Cinema (run by the college: RISD). Next stop, New York for a screening at the Dolby Labs for people from: New Line Cinema and the Weinstein Company. I thought we had an easy film deal. Instead, the acquisitions executives watched By the Sea and left.
I remember siting in Central Park thinking: what fools we were for blowing our savings on this film. Somehow, during my 4 hours on the park bench, I came up with a simple strategy: just play the festivals we were invited to, take the press/stories from these festivals and show them to film distributors – in hopes of making some deal.
Little did we know, By The Sea would be on the festival circuit for 8 years (Most Festivals Contacted Us- We Did Not Solicit Them) and earned accolades from Festivals in: Honolulu, Los Angeles, Tiburon, St Louis, Miami, Boston. Swansea Bay, England, Eilat, Israel and Everglades, South Africa .
During our 8 Amazing Years some of the By The Sea highlights were:
2003 Three Imagen Awards (Latin Oscars) Nominations including Best Picture where we competed against: Selma Hayek’s “Frida.”
By The Sea had a feature story in the July 29, 2002 Daily Variety, because we one of the first small indies to use Special EFX.
Gloria Estefan allowed us to use her music on the By The Sea film featured at Film Festivals.
Desert Mountain Media signed a Domestic Distribution Deal With By The Sea
CinemaNow signed a deal with By the Sea.
EBS signed a Foreign Distribution deal with us and had a Cannes Screening.
Today, By The Sea 2002 can still be found on Amazon by searching: “By The Sea Elena”
We hope you’ll Consider the Submission (we have already made) for the listing of By The Sea 2002 on Wikipedia, so film buffs and aspiring filmmakers may be inspired by our truly amazing journey.
Best Regards, Dean H. Huh