100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd
This article does not cite any sources. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd|
|Created by||Steven H. Berman|
William Francis McGuire
|Voices of||Seth Green (season 1)|
Jason Hervey (season 2-3)
|Opening theme||"You Got Me",|
performed by The Hippos (season 1)
"Who Let the Dogs Out?"
performed by Baha Men
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||40 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Thomas W. Lynch|
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Lynch Entertainment|
Lincoln Field Productions
|Distributor||Paramount Television (USA)|
Fireworks Entertainment (Worldwide)
|Original release||October 16, 1999 –|
April 21, 2002
100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd is an American television sitcom created for Nickelodeon by Steven H. Berman, Mitchel Katlin, and Nat Bernstein. The series ran for three seasons - from October 16, 1999 until April 21, 2002.
Eddie McDowd (Jason Dohring) is considered to be a schoolyard bully by his peers. McDowd considers himself very attractive and powerful and so he bullies others without mercy. One day, while bullying a kid after school, he is caught by a kind of mystical man. He tells McDowd that due to his bullying he will be punished for his wrongdoings by living life as a dog, and that in order to be restored as a human he has to do 100 good deeds for others. Besides The Drifter, the only one who can hear him talk is Justin Taylor, the last kid he bullied. At first the two are firmly against the idea, but McDowd realizes that he must work alongside Justin and his family to finish his good deeds. Every time Eddie performs a good deed the Drifter appears with a creatively presented number stating the remaining deeds he has left. Occasionally when Eddie misbehaves the Drifter takes away one of his deeds. The story has no ending as the series was cancelled before a final resolution could be made.
- Edward "Eddie" McDowd (played by Jason Dohring as a human and John Allan at 12, Rowdy as a dog, voiced by Seth Green in Season 1, Jason Hervey in Season 2–3) – McDowd was a 17-year-old bully from the southwest who was turned into an Australian Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix by The Drifter for his wrongdoings and can only be restored to human form if he does 100 good deeds. Besides The Drifter, the only other person who can hear him talk is Justin Taylor (who was the last kid that he bullied). It is explained by The Drifter in a later episode that should this happen, neither Justin nor Eddie's family will outright remember their experiences (though Eddie will still be a better person for it).
- Justin Taylor (played by Brandon Gilberstadt) – The last kid Eddie had picked on and the only one who can hear him talk in his dog form. He assists Eddie into doing the good deeds to restore Eddie to human.
- Gwen Taylor (played by Morgan Kibby) – The sister of Justin Taylor.
- Tori Sloan (played by Melanee Murray) – Foreign exchange student who switched families with Gwen in Season 2.
- Doug Taylor (played by William Francis McGuire) – The father of Justin Taylor.
- Lisa Taylor (played by Catherine MacNeal) – The mother of Justin Taylor.
- Sariffa Chung (played by Brenda Song) – Justin's best friend.
- The Drifter (played by Richard Moll) – A mystical person who was responsible for casting the spell that transformed Eddie McDowd into an Australian Shepherd/Siberian Husky mix where he will change him back if he does 100 good deeds. He describes himself to be the embodiment of love, compassion, and tenderness and can do actions that are able to override and break the laws of nature. The Drifter speaks in rhymes and is able to take the forms of different living things. He often appears in different forms to give Eddie advice on how to do good deeds.
- Spike Cipriano (played by Danny Tamberelli)
- Flaco (played by Josh Hammond) – Eddie's old bullying buddy who also picks on Justin.
- Agt. Elizabeth Marcus/Dog Catcher (played by Julie Marcus) –
- Caesar – (voiced by David Lander) – A dog that befriends Eddie.
- Salvatore/Sal (voiced by Joe Piscopo) – A pug that's Eddie's friend and next-door neighbor.
- Gigi (voiced by Alyson Hannigan) – A Pomeranian that Eddie is often smitten by.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||20||October 16, 1999||December 5, 2000|
|2||12||January 27, 2001||April 14, 2001|
|3||8||March 3, 2002||April 21, 2002|
The series was cancelled in the United States due to declining ratings in the spring of 2002 after only 40 episodes and 40 deeds done. However, the series was such a hit in Europe that it was released on European Amazon Video platforms, like France's Amazon.fr.