13th Avenue (BMT Culver Line)
|Former New York City Subway station|
The site of the former 13th Avenue Culver Shuttle station
|Address||37th Street & 13th Avenue|
|Services||BMT Culver Line|
|Transit connections||Church Avenue Line|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||March 16, 1919|
|Closed||May 11, 1975|
|Next north||Fort Hamilton Parkway|
|Next south||Ditmas Avenue|
13th Avenue was a New York City Subway station on the demolished section of the BMT Culver Line. It originally had three tracks and 2 side platforms, although near the end of its life only used one track and one of the side platforms, due to the other 2 tracks being removed.
It opened on March 16, 1919, and had a connection to the B&QT Church Avenue Line streetcar. When the IND South Brooklyn Line was extended to Ditmas Avenue and converted most of the line to the Independent Subway System, the station's service was replaced by the Culver Shuttle. On May 28, 1959, the station and the line were reduced from three tracks to two. By December 1960 the shuttle was reduced to a single track and platform, due to the December 1960 nor'easter and low ridership. The station finally closed on May 11, 1975.
- Legislative Documents. J.B. Lyon Company. January 1, 1920.
- nycsubway.org – BMT Culver Line: 13th Avenue
- nycsubway.org – BMT Culver Line:
- nycsubway.org – The New York City Transit Authority in the 1970s:
|This Brooklyn train station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|