1807 in France
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|See also:||Other events of 1807|
History of France • Timeline • Years
Events from the year 1807 in France.
- 7 February-8 February - Battle of Eylau, indecisive result, but Russian retreat.
- 19 March - Siege of Danzig begins as French lay siege to Russian and Prussian forces.
- 4 May - Treaty of Finckenstein signed between France and Persia, guaranteeing the integrity of Persia.
- 24 May - Siege of Danzig ends with Russian and Prussian capitulation.
- 10 June - Battle of Heilsberg, inconclusive.
- 14 June - Battle of Friedland, decisive French victory over Russian forces.
- 7 July - Treaty of Tilsit ends the war with Russia.
- 9 July - Treaty of Tilsit ends the war with Prussia.
- 27 October - Treaty of Fontainebleau signed between Spain and France, dividing Portugal and all its dominions between the signatories.
- 9 September - Napoleon establishes the Free City of Danzig.
- 17 December - Milan Decree issued by Napoleon, stating that no European country was to trade with the United Kingdom.
January to June
- 6 January - Auguste Nicolas, Roman Catholic apologetical writer (died 1888).
- 29 January - Édouard Dulaurier, Orientalist and Egyptologist (died 1881).
- 2 February - Alexandre Auguste Ledru-Rollin, politician (died 1874).
- 5 February - Ernest Legouvé, dramatist (died 1903).
- 26 February - Théophile-Jules Pelouze, chemist (died 1867).
- 4 March - Jean Baptiste Lucien Buquet, entomologist (died 1889).
- 12 April - Charles Rigault de Genouilly, Admiral (died 1873).
- 26 April - Charles Auguste Frossard, general (died 1875).
- 17 May - Jules Guyot, physician and agronomist (died 1872).
- 17 June - Auguste Nélaton, physician and surgeon (died 1873).
July to December
- 24 August
- 3 September - Raymond Gayrard, sculptor (died 1855).
- 21 October - Napoléon Henri Reber, composer (died 1880).
- 14 November - Auguste Laurent, chemist (died 1853).
- 20 November - Augustus Thébaud, Jesuit educator and publicist (died 1885).
- 29 November - Jean Philippe Goujon de Grondel, General (born 1714).
Full date unknown
- Auguste-Barthélemy Glaize, painter (died 1893).
- Alphonse Sagebien, hydrological engineer (died 1892).
January to June
- 13 January - Pierre Joseph Buchoz, physician, lawyer and naturalist (born 1731).
- 17 January - Pierre Marie Auguste Broussonet, naturalist (born 1761).
- 14 February - Jean-Joseph Ange d'Hautpoul, General (born 1754).
- 25 February - Jeanne-Marie Marsan, singer and actress (born 1746).
- 4 April - Jérôme Lalande, astronomer and writer (born 1732).
- 5 May - Napoleon Charles Bonaparte, eldest son of Louis Bonaparte (born 1802).
- 10 May - Jean-Baptiste Donatien de Vimeur, comte de Rochambeau, aristocrat and Marshal of France (born 1725).
- 18 May - Antoine Philippe, Duke of Montpensier, younger brother of Louis-Philippe of France (born 1775).
July to December
- 19 August - Louis Binot, General (born 1771).
- 25 August
- 31 August - Ponce Denis Écouchard Lebrun, poet (born 1729).
- October - Louis Pierre de Chastenet de Puységur, soldier and Minister of War (born 1727).
- 2 November - Baron de Breteuil, aristocrat, diplomat and Prime Minister (born 1730).
- 8 November - Pierre-Alexandre-Laurent Forfait, engineer, hydrographer and Minister of the Navy (born 1752).
- 23 November - Jean-François Rewbell, lawyer, diplomat and politician (born 1747).