1886 United States elections
|Election day||November 2|
|Incumbent president||Grover Cleveland (Democratic)|
|Overall control||Republican Hold|
|Seats contested||25 of 76 seats|
|Net seat change||Democratic +2|
|Overall control||Democratic Hold|
|Seats contested||All 325 voting seats|
|Net seat change||Republican +13|
|1886 House of Representatives election results
The 1886 United States elections occurred in the middle of Democratic President Grover Cleveland's term, during the Third Party System. Members of the 50th United States Congress were chosen in this election. Democrats retained control of the House, while Republicans retained control of the Senate.
- United States House of Representatives elections, 1886
- United States Senate elections, 1886 and 1887
- Not counting special elections.
- Congressional seat gain figures only reflect the results of the regularly-scheduled elections, and do not take special elections into account.
- "Party Divisions of the House of Representatives". United States House of Representatives. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "Party Division in the Senate, 1789-Present". United States Senate. Retrieved 25 June 2014.
|This American elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|