1954 Pulitzer Prize
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The following are the Pulitzer Prizes for 1954.
- Public Service:
- Local Reporting, Edition Time:
- Vicksburg Sunday Post-Herald, for its outstanding coverage of the tornado of December 5, 1953, under extraordinary difficulties.
- Local Reporting, No Edition Time:
- National Reporting:
- International Reporting:
- Editorial Writing:
- Editorial Cartooning:
Letters, Drama and Music Awards
- No award given.
- Biography or Autobiography:
- Concerto For Two Pianos and Orchestra by Quincy Porter (American Composers Alliance). First performed by the Louisville Symphony Orchestra, March 17, 1954. This was one of the works commissioned under a grant of the Rockefeller Foundation for new American compositions for orchestra, or soloists and orchestra.