1974 New York Giants season
|1974 New York Giants season|
|Head coach||Bill Arnsparger|
|Owner||Timothy J. Mara,|
|Home field||Yale Bowl|
|Division place||5th NFC East|
|Playoff finish||did not qualify|
The 1974 New York Giants season was the franchise's 50th season in the National Football League. The Giants finished in last place in the National Football Conference East Division with a 2–12 record, the team's worst since 1966.
The Giants’ home venue in 1974 was the Yale Bowl in New Haven, Connecticut, and they were winless at home in seven games. They won only one of twelve games at the Yale Bowl in 1973 and 1974. The Giants played at Shea Stadium in Queens in 1975 and opened Giants Stadium in New Jersey in October 1976.
|1974 New York Giants roster|
|1||September 15, 1974||Washington Redskins||L 13–10|
|2||September 22, 1974||New England Patriots||L 28–20|
|3||September 29, 1974||at Dallas Cowboys||W 14–6|
|4||October 6, 1974||Atlanta Falcons||L 14–7|
|5||October 13, 1974||at Philadelphia Eagles||L 35–7|
|6||October 20, 1974||at Washington Redskins||L 24–3|
|7||October 27, 1974||Dallas Cowboys||L 21–7|
|8||November 3, 1974||at Kansas City Chiefs||W 33–27|
|9||November 10, 1974||New York Jets||L 26–20|
|10||November 17, 1974||at Detroit Lions||L 20–19|
|11||November 24, 1974||St. Louis Cardinals||L 23–21|
|12||December 1, 1974||at Chicago Bears||L 16–13|
|13||December 8, 1974||Philadelphia Eagles||L 20–7|
|14||December 15, 1974||at St. Louis Cardinals||L 26–14|
Week 3 at Cowboys
Week 11 vs Cardinals
|St. Louis Cardinals||10||4||0||.714||7–1||8–3||285||218||W1|
|New York Giants||2||12||0||.143||1–7||1–10||195||299||L6|
- "1974 New York Giants". Pro Football Reference. Archived from the original on May 1, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- "New York Giants Franchise Encyclopedia". Pro Football Reference. Archived from the original on April 29, 2009. Retrieved May 8, 2009.
- Malafronte, Chip (October 8, 2012). "New Haven 200: New York Giants called Yale Bowl home from 1973–74". New Haven Register. Retrieved October 22, 2014.
- Canavan, Tom (January 1, 2010). "Giants Stadium was symbol of sports in New Jersey". The Seattle Times. Retrieved October 24, 2014.
- 75 Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys. 1975. p. 72. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- "The Yale Bowl and the Giants". Newsday. September 5, 2018. Retrieved January 26, 2019.
|This article relating to a New York Giants season is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|