1987 Brit Awards
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|7th Brit Awards|
|Date||9 February 1987|
|Venue||Grosvenor House Hotel|
|Hosted by||Jonathan King|
|Most awards||Peter Gabriel (2)|
|Most nominations||Peter Gabriel (4)|
The 1987 Brit Awards were the 7th edition of the biggest annual pop music awards in the United Kingdom. They are run by the British Phonographic Industry and took place on 9 February 1987 at Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
- Chris de Burgh – "The Lady in Red"
- Curiosity Killed the Cat – "Down to Earth"
- Five Star – "Can't Wait Another Minute"
- Level 42 – "Lessons in Love"
- Simply Red – "Holding Back the Years"
- Spandau Ballet – "Through the Barricades"
- Whitney Houston – "How Will I Know"
Winners and nominees
Outstanding Contribution to Music
Multiple nominations and awards
The following artists received multiple awards and/or nominations.
|2||Chris de Burgh|
|Pet Shop Boys|
- "The British Record Industry Awards 1987". 5 February 1987. p. 41 – via BBC Genome.