1990 Iowa gubernatorial election
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Branstad: 50-60% 60-70% 70-80% 80-90%Avenson: 50–60%
|Elections in Iowa|
The Iowa gubernatorial election of 1990 took place November 8, 1990. Incumbent Republican Governor of Iowa Terry Branstad ran for re-election to a third term as governor. On the Democratic side, state representative Donald Avenson won his party's nomination and both Branstad and Avenson moved on to the general election. Branstad won re-election to a third term as governor, defeating Avenson by a margin of over 20 points.
- Donald Avenson, former Iowa State Representative
- Tom Miller, former and subsequent Iowa Attorney General
- Jo Ann Zimmerman, Iowa Lieutenant Governor
- John Crystal
- Darold Powers
|Democratic||Jo Ann Zimmerman||4,475||2.23|
|Republican||Terry Branstad (inc.)||591,852||60.61%|
|Socialist Workers||Nan Bailey||4,263||0.44%|
- "PRIMARY ELECTION : June 5,1990 : OFFICIAL CANVASS SUMMARY" (PDF). Sos.iowa.gov. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2018-12-04. Retrieved 2018-07-04.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)