1990 New York Mets season
|1990 New York Mets|
|Major League affiliations|
|Owner(s)||Fred Wilpon and Nelson Doubleday, Jr.|
|General manager(s)||Frank Cashen|
|Manager(s)||Davey Johnson, Bud Harrelson|
|Local television||WWOR-TV/SportsChannel New York|
(Ralph Kiner, Tim McCarver, Fran Healy, Rusty Staub)
|Local radio||WFAN |
(Bob Murphy, Gary Cohen)
(Juan Alicea, Billy Berroa, Renato Morffi)
|< Previous season Next season >|
The 1990 New York Mets season was the 29th regular season for the Mets. They went 91-71 and finished second in the National League East. They were managed by Davey Johnson and Bud Harrelson. They played home games at Shea Stadium.
- 1 Offseason
- 2 Regular season
- 3 Roster
- 4 Player stats
- 5 Farm system
- 6 References
- 7 External links
- November 14, 1989: Gary Carter was released by the Mets.
- December 5, 1989: John Mitchell and Joaquin Contreras (minors) were traded by the Mets to the Baltimore Orioles for Keith Hughes and Cesar Mejia (minors).
- December 6, 1989: Randy Myers and Kip Gross were traded by the Mets to the Cincinnati Reds for John Franco and Don Brown (minors).
- December 20, 1989: Juan Samuel was traded by the Mets to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Alejandro Peña and Mike Marshall.
- March 26, 1990: D. J. Dozier was signed by the Mets as an amateur free agent.
- Darryl Strawberry became the first player in Mets history to have three seasons with 100 RBIs.
- During the season, Frank Viola became the last pitcher to win at least 20 games in one season for the Mets in the 20th century.
Opening Day starters
- Kevin Elster
- Dwight Gooden
- Gregg Jefferies
- Howard Johnson
- Barry Lyons
- Mike Marshall
- Kevin McReynolds
- Keith Miller
- Darryl Strawberry 
|New York Mets||91||71||0.562||4||52–29||39–42|
|St. Louis Cardinals||70||92||0.432||25||34–47||36–45|
Record vs. opponents
1990 National League Records
Sources:            
- June 4, 1990: Jeromy Burnitz was drafted by the Mets in the 1st round of the 1990 Major League Baseball Draft.
- June 19, 1990: Mario Díaz was traded by the Seattle Mariners to the New York Mets for Brian Givens.
- August 30, 1990: Archie Corbin was traded by the Mets to the Kansas City Royals for Pat Tabler.
- August 31, 1990: Julio Machado and Kevin Brown were traded by the Mets to the Milwaukee Brewers for Charlie O'Brien and Kevin Carmody (minors).
- September 10, 1990: Nick Davis (minors) and Steve LaRose (minors) were traded by the Mets to the Houston Astros for Dan Schatzeder.
|1990 New York Mets|
Starters by position
Lenny Dykstra Tim Teufel Darryl Strawberry Jon Lieb John Krukenstein Lou Phillips Mart Schilleng Martin Espocatiamo Ben Murson Shawn Olerud
Note: G = Games played; AB = At bats; H = Hits; Avg. = Batting average; HR = Home runs; RBI = Runs batted in
Note: G = Games pitched; IP = Innings pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
Note: G = Games pitched; W = Wins; L = Losses; SV = Saves; ERA = Earned run average; SO = Strikeouts
- Gary Carter page at Baseball Reference
- John Mitchell page at Baseball Reference
- Randy Myers page at Baseball Reference
- Juan Samuel page at Baseball Reference
- D. J. Dozier page at Baseball Reference
- Great Baseball Feats, Facts and Figures, 2008 Edition, p. 98, David Nemec and Scott Flatow, A Signet Book, Penguin Group, New York, ISBN 978-0-451-22363-0
- Baseball Draft: 1st Round of the 1990 June Draft - Baseball-Reference.com
- Pat Tabler page at Baseball Reference
- Julio Machado page at Baseball Reference
- Dan Schatzeder page at Baseball Reference
- Johnson, Lloyd, and Wolff, Miles, ed., The Encyclopedia of Minor League Baseball, 3rd edition. Durham, North Carolina: Baseball America, 2007