1999 Austrian Grand Prix
|1999 Austrian Grand Prix|
|Race 9 of 16 in the 1999 Formula One World Championship|
A1-Ring (last modified in 1998)
|Date||25 July 1999|
|Official name||XXIII Großer Preis von Österreich|
|Course||Permanent racing facility|
|Course length||4.319 km (2.684 mi)|
|Distance||71 laps, 306.649 km (190.552 mi)|
|Weather||Overcast, mild, dry|
|Time||1:12.107 on lap 39|
After Michael Schumacher broke his leg in the previous race at Silverstone, Ferrari's title attention turned to his teammate Eddie Irvine. David Coulthard nudged teammate Mika Häkkinen off the track on the first lap, pushing Häkkinen to the back. When Coulthard failed to hold off Irvine during the sole round of pitstops, the man from Northern Ireland wrapped up his 2nd Formula One win. Häkkinen fought through the field to finish 3rd.
Championship standings after the race
- Note: Only the top five positions are included for both sets of standings.
- "Austrian GP Saturday qualifying". Motorsport.com. Archived from the original on 7 June 2011. Retrieved 10 January 2016.
- "1999 Austrian Grand Prix". formula1.com. Archived from the original on 9 January 2015. Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "1999 Austrian GP: Classification". ChicaneF1.com. Retrieved 3 August 2007.
- "Austria 1999 - Championship • STATS F1". www.statsf1.com. Retrieved 7 March 2019.
- "1999 Austrian GP: Overview". ChicaneF1.com. Retrieved 3 August 2007.
1999 British Grand Prix
|FIA Formula One World Championship
1999 German Grand Prix
1998 Austrian Grand Prix
|Austrian Grand Prix||Next race:|
2000 Austrian Grand Prix