1999 Gateshead Metropolitan Borough Council election
Elections to Gateshead Council in Tyne and Wear, England were held on 6 May 1999. One third of the council was up for election and the Labour party kept overall control of the council. The results saw the Liberal Democrats gain 2 seats from Labour but Labour gained one seat in Blaydon. Overall turnout was 26.4%.
After the election, the composition of the council was
|Party||Seats||Gains||Losses||Net gain/loss||Seats %||Votes %||Votes||+/−|
- "Gateshead". BBC Online. Retrieved 9 May 2009.
- Shaefer, Neil (8 May 1999). "Tory comeback leaves Labour to lick wounds". The Northern Echo. p. 6.
- Unwin, Bruce (8 May 1999). "Little change as Labour keeps firm grip on reins". The Northern Echo. p. 6.
- "Labour bracing itself for backlash". The Journal. 16 April 2003. p. 14.
- "Results from elections in England, Scotland and Wales". Financial Times. 8 May 1999. p. 11.
1998 Gateshead Council election
|Gateshead local elections||Succeeded by|
2000 Gateshead Council election