2012 Formula 3 Euro Series
|2012 Formula 3 Euro Series|
The 2012 Formula 3 Euro Series season was the tenth and the last championship year of the Formula 3 Euro Series.
Drivers and teams
Competition numbers 30 and higher are single-race entrants and are ineligible to score championship points.
Race calendar and results
- A provisional nine-round calendar was announced on 25 November 2011. On 2 April 2012, the calendar was reduced to eight events as series organisers decided to change the meeting due to be held at EuroSpeedway Lausitz to Brands Hatch and drop another event, at Oschersleben. All eight rounds will be part of the revived ten-round FIA European Formula 3 Championship, and will also support Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters events.
|Round||Circuit||Date||Pole position||Fastest lap||Winning driver||Winning team|
|1||R1||Hockenheimring||28 April||Carlos Sainz Jr.||Daniel Juncadella||Daniel Juncadella||Prema Powerteam|
|R2||Raffaele Marciello||Raffaele Marciello||Prema Powerteam|
|R3||29 April||Carlos Sainz Jr.||Carlos Sainz Jr.||Daniel Juncadella||Prema Powerteam|
|2||R1||Brands Hatch||19 May||Daniel Juncadella||Raffaele Marciello||Raffaele Marciello||Prema Powerteam|
|R2||Sven Müller||Jazeman Jaafar||Carlin|
|R3||20 May||Daniel Juncadella||Raffaele Marciello||Raffaele Marciello||Prema Powerteam|
|3||R1||Red Bull Ring, Spielberg||2 June||William Buller||Raffaele Marciello||Raffaele Marciello||Prema Powerteam|
|R2||Raffaele Marciello||William Buller||Carlin|
|R3||3 June||Felix Rosenqvist||Daniel Juncadella||Daniel Juncadella||Prema Powerteam|
|4||R1||Norisring, Nuremberg||30 June||Raffaele Marciello||Raffaele Marciello||No winner[N 2]|
|R2||William Buller||Harry Tincknell||Carlin|
|R3||1 July||Pascal Wehrlein||Hannes van Asseldonk||Raffaele Marciello||Prema Powerteam|
|5||R1||Nürburgring||18 August||Daniel Juncadella||Daniel Juncadella||Daniel Juncadella||Prema Powerteam|
|R2||Alexander Sims||Alexander Sims||ThreeBond with T-Sport|
|R3||19 August||Daniel Juncadella||Alexander Sims||Pascal Wehrlein||Mücke Motorsport|
|6||R1||Circuit Park Zandvoort||25 August||Sven Müller||Felix Rosenqvist||Felix Rosenqvist||Mücke Motorsport|
|R2||Daniel Juncadella||William Buller||Carlin|
|R3||26 August||Sven Müller||Daniel Juncadella||Daniel Juncadella||Prema Powerteam|
|7||R1||Circuit Ricardo Tormo, Valencia||29 September||Raffaele Marciello||Daniel Juncadella||Raffaele Marciello||Prema Powerteam|
|R2||Michael Lewis||Michael Lewis||Prema Powerteam|
|R3||30 September||Daniel Juncadella||Felix Rosenqvist||Felix Rosenqvist||Mücke Motorsport|
|8||R1||Hockenheimring||20 October||Felix Rosenqvist||Felix Rosenqvist||Felix Rosenqvist||Mücke Motorsport|
|R2||Félix Serrallés||Sven Müller||Prema Powerteam|
|R3||21 October||Felix Rosenqvist||Pascal Wehrlein||Felix Rosenqvist||Mücke Motorsport|
- All drivers competed in Dallara chassis; model listed.
- Daniel Juncadella was disqualified from the first Norisring race after collisions with Pascal Wehrlein and Raffaele Marciello. As drivers were not promoted in the race results, no driver was officially recognised as having finished in first place.
The third race at the Norisring was red-flagged after half the race had been completed due to torrential rain. As a result, series organisers only awarded half points to each of the classified finishers eligible to score points. Similarly, half-points were awarded in the second race at Zandvoort, as only five laps were completed within the allotted time limit for racing.
Bold – Pole
† — Drivers did not finish the race, but were classified as they completed over 90% of the race distance.
Bold – Pole
Bold – Pole
- "The 2012 Euro Series grid is taking shape". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 5 December 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2011.
- "Prema Powerteam and Daniel Juncadella again together in the Formula 3 Euro Series 2012". premapowerteam.com. Prema Powerteam. 7 February 2012. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Prema Powerteam and Sven Müller together in the 2012 Formula 3 Euro Series". premapowerteam.com. Prema Powerteam. 9 February 2012. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Prema Powerteam and Michael Lewis together in the 2012 Formula 3 Euro Series Championship". premapowerteam.com. Prema Powerteam. 8 February 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2012.
- "Prema Powerteam and Raffaele Marciello together in the 2012 Formula 3 Euro Series". premapowerteam.com. Prema Powerteam. 17 February 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Mücke mit Wehrlein 2012 in der Euroserie" [Mücke with Wehrlein in the 2012 Euro Series]. Motorsport-Total.com (in German). Motorsport-Total.com GmbH. 23 December 2011. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "New faces in the Euro Series". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 16 March 2012. Archived from the original on 9 December 2012. Retrieved 17 March 2012.
- Carls, Stephan (28 January 2012). "F3-Aufstieg für Lucas Wolf" [F3 promotion for Lucas Wolf]. Speed-Magazin (in German). XNetConcept Inc. Retrieved 1 February 2012.
- "Briton Philip Ellis and GU advance to the Euro Series". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 17 February 2012. Archived from the original on 6 March 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2012.
- "Carlin's F3 team expands to Europe". Carlin. Capsicum. 12 April 2012. Archived from the original on 20 June 2015. Retrieved 12 April 2012.
- O'Leary, Jamie (15 May 2012). "Double R joins F3 Euro Series for Brands Hatch round". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 18 May 2012.
Fellow British squad Carlin will also increase its car count for Brands. Joining Euro Series regulars Carlos Sainz Jr and Will Buller will be British F3 regulars Jazeman Jaafar and Harry Tincknell.
- Tischer, Alexander H.H. (29 June 2012). "Result pre event test combined" (PDF). wige Solutions gmbh. Formula 3 Euro Series. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 February 2013. Retrieved 29 June 2012.
- O'Leary, Jamie (18 April 2012). "Emil Bernstorff joins European F3 series with ma-con Motorsport". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- "Angola Racing Team the fourth new squad on the Formula 3 Euro Series grid". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 21 March 2012. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 22 March 2012.
- "British F3 trio heads to Hockenheim". Fortec Motorsports. Fortec Motorsports Ltd. 24 April 2012. Archived from the original on 29 October 2012. Retrieved 24 April 2012.
- "Double R to make Euro F3 debut at Brands Hatch this weekend". doublerracing.co.uk. Double R Racing. 15 May 2012. Archived from the original on 14 December 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2012.
- "Start into the second half of the Formula 3 Euro Series season". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 16 August 2012. Archived from the original on 3 January 2013. Retrieved 16 August 2012.
- Simmons, Marcus (5 October 2012). "Van Amersfoort Racing to enter F3 Euro Series and Macau GP". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Archived from the original on 6 October 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2012.
- "Formula 3 Euro Series – 2012 race schedule". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 25 November 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2012. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- "A new race schedule for the 2012 Formula 3 Euro Series". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 2 April 2012. Retrieved 3 April 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Daniel Juncadella disqualified". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 30 June 2012. Archived from the original on 2 January 2013. Retrieved 30 June 2012.
- Simmons, Marcus (1 July 2012). "Raffaelle Marciello takes Formula 3 win in Norisring thunder as Felix Serralles claims British honours". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 1 July 2012.
- "William Buller wins five-lap race at Zandvoort". Formula 3 Euro Series. ITR e.V. 25 August 2012. Retrieved 25 August 2012.