2013 Football League Championship play-off Final
|Event||2012–13 Football League Championship|
|After extra time|
|Date||27 May 2013|
|Venue||Wembley Stadium, London|
|Man of the Match||Wilfried Zaha|
|Weather||Clear / 17 °C (63 °F)|
The 2013 Football League Championship play-off Final was a football match contested by Crystal Palace and Watford on 27 May 2013 at Wembley Stadium to decide the third and final team to be promoted from the Championship to the Premier League for the 2013–14 season.
Crystal Palace won the match 1–0 with a penalty by Kevin Phillips during extra time to return to the top flight after an eight-year absence. Marco Cassetti tripped Wilfried Zaha on the left-hand side of the penalty area. Philips who had come on as a substitute in the 66th minute placed the ball right footed into the top left-hand corner of the net to give the goalkeeper no chance.
Route to the final
|4||Brighton & Hove Albion||46||19||18||9||69||43||+26||75|
- First leg
|Crystal Palace||0–0||Brighton & Hove Albion|
- Second leg
|Vydra 15', 65'
Watford won 3–2 on aggregate.
|Brighton & Hove Albion||0–2||Crystal Palace|
|Report||Zaha 69', 88'|
Crystal Palace won 2–0 on aggregate.
|Crystal Palace||1–0 (a.e.t.)||Watford|
|Phillips 105+1' (pen.)||Report|
|Shots on target||10||9|
Source: BBC Sport
- "Watford's Gianfranco Zola praises Wilfried Zaha". Sky Sports. 27 May 2013.
- "Referees". The Football League. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013.
- "History for London, United Kingdom". Wunderground. 27 May 2013.
- "Zaha's goodbye gift is a place in the Premier League as Phillips converts extra-time penalty the United-bound ace won for his boyhood club". Daily Mail. London. 27 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Crystal Palace v Watford – as it happened". The Guardian. London. 27 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Wilfried Zaha shines as Kevin Phillips penalty puts Eagles back in the Premiership". The Independent. London. 27 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Crystal Palace v Watford: Championship play-off final: live". The Daily Telegraph. London. 27 May 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Fletcher, Paul (27 May 2013). "Crystal Palace 1–0 Watford". BBC Sport. Retrieved 29 May 2013.