2013 Supercopa de España
|1–1 on aggregate. Barcelona won on away goals.|
|Date||21 August 2013|
|Venue||Vicente Calderón, Madrid|
|Referee||Alberto Undiano Mallenco|
|Date||28 August 2013|
|Venue||Camp Nou, Barcelona|
|Referee||David Fernández Borbalán|
The 2013 Supercopa de España was a two-legged Spanish football match-up that was played in August 2013 between the champions of 2012–13 La Liga, Barcelona, and the winner of the 2012–13 Copa del Rey, Atlético Madrid.
In the first leg which was played on 21 August in Madrid, former Barcelona striker David Villa put Atlético Madrid ahead when he hit a right-footed volley into the back of the net after a cross from the left after 12 minutes. Barcelona equalized in the 66th minute when substitute Neymar headed in at the far post after a high cross by Dani Alves from the right.
In the second leg, played on 28 August at the Camp Nou, Lionel Messi missed a penalty for Barcelona in the 89th minute, hitting his shot against the crossbar after Miranda had bundled substitute Pedro over in the area.[deprecated source] Atlético Madrid had two players sent off: Filipe Luís in the 81st minute for tangling with Dani Alves, and Arda Turan, who had already been substituted, in the first minute of added time for protesting a decision. Barcelona won the cup for a record 11th time on the away goals rule.
|Villa 12'||Report||Neymar 66'|
- "Atlético y Barcelona se enfrentarán en la próxima Supercopa" [Atlético and Barcelona will face in next Supercopa]. Marca. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Barça y Atlético se jugarán la Supercopa de España en agosto" [Barça and Atlético will play the Supercopa de España in August]. As. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 18 May 2013.
- "Lionel Messi suffers hamstring injury as Neymar rescues draw for Barcelona in Super Cup clash against Atletico". Daily Telegraph. 21 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Neymar denies hosts victory". Goal.com. 21 August 2013. Retrieved 22 August 2013.
- "Neymar wins his first Barca trophy as Messi misses penalty and visitors have a player from the BENCH sent off in Spanish Super Cup". Daily Mail. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Barcelona 0-0 Atletico Madrid (Agg 1-1, Barcelona win on away goals)". Goal.com. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Barcelona win Super Cup against Atlético despite Messi's penalty miss". Guardian. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Stalemate at Nou Camp gives Barcelona Spanish Super Cup over Atlético Madrid". NBC Sports. 28 August 2013. Retrieved 29 August 2013.