2016 Massachusetts ballot measures
|Elections in Massachusetts|
Question 1 would have allowed a second slots parlor to exist in Massachusetts, Question 2 would have let state education officials approve up to 12 new charter schools a year, Question 3 will phase out what advocates say are "extreme" methods of farm animal confinement, and Question 4 legalizes marijuana for recreational use.
Binding statewide questions
|Question 1||Massachusetts Expand Slot Machine Gaming Initiative||Gambling||Allow a second slots parlor to exist in Massachusetts||39.3%||60.7%||rejected|
|Question 2||Massachusetts Charter School Expansion Initiative||Education||Let state education officials approve up to 12 new charter schools a year||37.9%||62.1%||rejected|
|Question 3||Massachusetts Conditions for Farm Animals Initiative||Animals||Phase out what advocates say are "extreme" methods of farm animal confinement||77.7%||22.3%||approved|
|Question 4||Massachusetts Legalization, Regulation and Taxation of Marijuana Initiative||Marijuana||Legalize marijuana for recreational use||53.6%||46.4%||approved|
- Dumcius, Gintautas (July 11, 2016). "Here are your Mass. ballot questions for Nov. 2016: Charter schools, marijuana, farm animal cruelty, and 2nd slot parlor". MassLive.com. Retrieved July 16, 2016.
- "List of 2015-2016 Initiative Petitions Filed". Massachusetts Attorney General. Archived from the original on July 30, 2016. Retrieved August 1, 2016.
- Massachusetts Elections Division
- I&R Institute, Historical Listing of Massachusetts's initiatives
- 2016 Massachusetts Ballot Measures at Project Vote Smart