2016 United States House of Representatives elections in Connecticut
All 5 Connecticut seats to the United States House of Representatives
|Elections in Connecticut|
The 2016 United States House of Representatives elections in Connecticut were held on Tuesday, November 8, 2016 to elect the five U.S. Representatives from the state of Connecticut, one from each of the state's five congressional districts. The elections coincided with the 2016 U.S. presidential election, as well as other elections to the House of Representatives, elections to the United States Senate and various state and local elections. The primaries were held on August 9.
|Democratic||John B. Larson (incumbent)||200,686||64.1|
|Republican||Matthew M. Corey||105,674||33.8|
|Green||S. Michael DeRosa||6,563||2.1|
Democrat Joe Courtney has represented this district since 2007. He is running for re-election. Daria Novak, a radio-TV talk show host who sought the seat twice before, is the Republican nominee. Jonathan Pelto, a former Democratic member of the Connecticut House of Representatives, is the Green Party nominee. Daniel Reale is the nominee for the Libertarian Party.
|Democratic||Joe Courtney (incumbent)||208,818||63.2|
|Democratic||Rosa DeLauro (incumbent)||207,515||69.0|
|Democratic||Jim Himes (incumbent)||187,811||59.9|
|Democratic||Elizabeth Esty (incumbent)||179,252||58.0|
- "2016 General Election November 8, 2016 Unofficial Results". ct.gov. November 8, 2016. Retrieved November 15, 2016.
- "Republican Novak making third try for Courtney's seat". The CT Mirror. May 15, 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Ann Brookes will not wage GOP primary in 2nd Congressional". The CT Mirror. May 19, 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- "Former Connecticut state representative to seek Green Party's nomination for Congress". American Third Party Report. July 15, 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-18.
- Burns, Christopher (August 19, 2015). "Redding State Rep. John Shaban will run for U.S. Congress seat". The Redding Pilot. Retrieved September 16, 2015.