2018 EFL Championship play-off Final
Matchday programme cover
|Event||2017–18 EFL Championship|
|Date||26 May 2018|
|Venue||Wembley Stadium, London|
|Man of the Match||Tom Cairney|
The 2018 EFL Championship play-off Final was played on 26 May 2018 at Wembley Stadium, London. The winner earned promotion to the Premier League for the 2018–19 season. The top two teams of the 2017–18 EFL Championship season gained automatic promotion to the Premier League, whilst the teams placed between third and sixth place in the league table played two initial matches in a series of play-offs, and the top two teams of the play-offs play for the final place for the 2018–19 season in the Premier League. Winning the game has been estimated by accountants Deloitte to be worth £160m to the winners, rising to £280m should they survive at least one season in the Premier League.
Route to the final
Note: In all results below, the score of the finalist is given first (H: home; A: away).
|Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg||Play-offs||Opponent||Agg.||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Derby County||2–1||0–1 (A)||2–0 (H)||Semi-finals||Middlesbrough||1–0||1–0 (H)||0–0 (A)|
Odoi 38' 70'
- "Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham: Tom Cairney fires Cottagers into Premier League". Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "EFL Play-Offs: Goalless draw enough to take Aston Villa to Wembley". Retrieved 26 May 2018.
- "Aston Villa v Fulham: Championship play-off final 'worth £160m' to winners". 24 May 2018. Retrieved 26 May 2018 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Aston Villa 0-1 Fulham". 26 May 2018. Retrieved 28 May 2018 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- "Aston Villa 0 Fulham 1 LIVE - As it happened". Retrieved 28 May 2018.
- "Aston Villa 0 Fulham 1: as it happened". Guardian. 26 May 2018. Retrieved 14 June 2018.
- "Fulham win promotion to Premier League after beating Aston Villa in Championship play-off final". The Telegraph. 26 May 2018. Retrieved 14 June 2018.