2018 Minnesota Secretary of State election
Simon: 40-50% 50–60% 60–70%Howe: 40–50% 50–60% 60–70%
|Elections in Minnesota|
The 2018 Minnesota Secretary of State election was held on November 6, 2018, to elect the secretary of state of the U.S. state of Minnesota. Steve Simon, the incumbent and Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL) nominee, won the election.
DFL incumbent Steve Simon was first elected in 2014—succeeding two-term DFL incumbent Mark Ritchie, who did not seek re-election. Simon announced on January 23, 2018, that he would seek re-election.
Republican Party of Minnesota
- John Howe, member of the Minnesota Senate from 2011 to 2013; candidate for the Republican nomination for Minnesota Secretary of State in 2014
Howe was endorsed by the Republicans on June 2, 2018, at their state convention.
Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party
Simon was endorsed by the DFL on June 1, 2018, at their state convention.
Minor parties and independents
|Democratic–Farmer–Labor||Steve Simon (incumbent)||1,328,502||52.25%||+5.21%|
- Simon, Steve (January 23, 2018). "Steve Simon 2018". Steve Simon for Minnesota Secretary of State. Retrieved January 29, 2018.
- "Howe seeks GOP endorsement for Secretary of State". Red Wing Republican Eagle. April 26, 2018. Retrieved April 26, 2018.
- Van Berkel, Jessie; Rao, Maya (June 2, 2018). "DFL endorses Pelikan for AG after Swanson drops bid for party nod". Star Tribune. Retrieved June 2, 2018.
- Keen, Judy (June 1, 2018). "Secretary of State Steve Simon gets DFL endorsement". Star Tribune. Retrieved June 2, 2018.
- "Candidate Filings". Minnesota Secretary of State. Retrieved June 12, 2018.
- "Statewide Results for Secretary of State". Minnesota Secretary of State. Retrieved November 18, 2018.
- Official Minnesota Secretary of State candidate websites