2020 Missouri gubernatorial election
The 2020 Missouri gubernatorial election will be held on November 3, 2020, to elect the Governor of Missouri, concurrently with the 2020 U.S. presidential election, as well as elections to the United States Senate and elections to the United States House of Representatives and various state and local elections. Incumbent Republican Governor Mike Parson is eligible to run for a full term in office. Parson was elected as Lieutenant Governor in 2016, but became Governor on June 1, 2018 after incumbent Eric Greitens resigned under threat of impeachment by the legislature. Greitens was facing allegations regarding campaign finance law violations, and was accused of blackmail stemming from an extramarital affair he had admitted to. Parson declared his bid for a full term on September 8, 2019.
- Federal officials
- ^ Clare Foran (May 29, 2018). "Embattled Missouri Governor Eric Greitens resigns amid scandals". CNN. Retrieved May 29, 2018.
- ^ a b Suntrup, Jack (September 8, 2019). "Missouri Gov. Mike Parson, a cattle-farming former sheriff, announces bid for 4-year term". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved September 8, 2019.
- ^ Erickson, Kurt (August 28, 2019). "State lawmaker announces plan to challenge Parson for GOP nomination for Missouri governor". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ Parks, MaryAlice (May 30, 2018). "Missouri governor to be replaced by longtime traditional politician". ABC News. Retrieved June 4, 2018.
- ^ Star, Jason Hancock and Lindsay Wise Kansas City. "Parson faces unrest among Missouri conservatives as he heads into 2020". Columbia Daily Tribune. Retrieved 2019-04-02.
- ^ "Greitens Says he's deploying with Navy to Middle East". kansascity. Retrieved 2018-10-01.
- ^ Hancock, Jason [@J_Hancock] (April 8, 2019). ". @MonettiforMO went on @PeteMundo show this morning to announce he will not challenge @GovParsonMO in the GOP primary for governor in 2020. He'll dissolve his exploratory committee. #MoLeg #MoGOv" (Tweet). Retrieved April 8, 2019 – via Twitter.
- ^ Donald J. Trump. "I am pleased to endorse Governor Mike Parson of Missouri. He is very Popular, Strong, and knows what he is doing – he gets it! Based on the fact that Mike has announced he will run again in 2020 for Governor, Mike Parson has my Complete and Total Endorsement!". Twitter.
- ^ Johnson, Cory (August 28, 2019). "State GOP representative joins 2020 governor race". KOMU. Retrieved August 30, 2019.
- ^ Lieb, David A. (August 12, 2019). "Democrat Galloway launches Missouri gubernatorial campaign". Associated Press. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- ^ Rosenbaum, Jason. "New Missouri Democratic vice chair says the party can attract both urban and rural voters". www.ksmu.org. Retrieved 2018-12-11.
- ^ Salter, Jim; Stafford, Margaret (July 28, 2019). "Jason Kander is back after quietly working through PTSD". Associated Press. Retrieved August 6, 2019.
- ^ Raasch, Chuck (December 12, 2018). "McCaskill: I'll never run again, but I'll stay involved in politics". St. Louis Post Dispatch. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- ^ Suntrup, Jack. "Missouri lawmaker from Affton who considered run for governor backs Democratic auditor instead". stltoday.com. Retrieved 2019-07-02.
- Official campaign websites