2020 United States House of Representatives election in Montana
|Elections in Montana|
The 2020 United States House of Representatives election in Montana will be held on November 3, 2020, to elect the U.S. Representative from Montana's at-large congressional district. The elections will coincide with the 2020 U.S. presidential election, as well as other elections to the House of Representatives, elections to the United States Senate and various state and local elections.
The incumbent is Republican Greg Gianforte, who was re-elected with 50.9% of the vote in 2018, and is running for governor a second time in the 2020 election after having lost the 2016 election to Democrat Steve Bullock.
- Joe Dooling, rancher and chair of the Lewis and Clark County Republican Party
- Timothy Alan Johnson, superintendent of Corvallis public schools
- Matt Rosendale, Montana State Auditor, nominee for U.S. Senate in 2018, and candidate for Montana's at-large congressional district in 2014
- Corey Stapleton, Secretary of State of Montana, former state senator, candidate for governor in 2012, and candidate for U.S. House in 2014
- Denny Rehberg, former U.S. Representative, nominee for U.S. Senate in 1996 and 2012, and former Lieutenant Governor of Montana
- Greg Gianforte, incumbent U.S. Representative (running for governor)
- Albert Olszewski, state senator (running for governor)
|WPA Intelligence (R)[A]||Feb 24–26, 2019||501||± 4.4%||24%||–||–||57%||–||15%|
- Matt Rains, rancher and army veteran
- Kathleen Williams, former state representative and nominee for Montana's at-large congressional district in 2018
- Tom Winter, state representative
- Partisan clients
- Poll sponsored by Club for Growth Action
- Wasserman, David; Flinn, Ally (November 7, 2018). "2018 House Popular Vote Tracker". Cook Political Report. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- Michels, Holly K. (June 6, 2019). "Gianforte files to run for governor in 2020". Independent Record. Retrieved June 7, 2019.
- Alexander, Cassidy (June 25, 2019). "Helena Rancher Joins Race For Montana's House Seat". MTPR. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- "2 more candidates join crowded Montana US House race". The Missoulian. July 10, 2019. Retrieved July 11, 2019.
- Pathé, Simone (June 17, 2019). "On heels of Senate loss, Matt Rosendale running for Congress — again". Roll Call. Retrieved June 17, 2019.
- Drake, Phil (June 15, 2019). "Stapleton announces run for U.S. House seat". Great Falls Tribune. Retrieved June 15, 2019.
- Pogreba, Don (January 9, 2019). "2020 Updates: Daines Tells Tim Fox to Shove Off, He's Supporting Gianforte for Governor. And Denny Rehberg is Eyeing a Comeback!". The Montana Post. Retrieved February 28, 2019.
- Dennison, Mike (March 20, 2019). "Montana 2020: Gianforte gubernatorial run would have 'domino effect' on statewide races". KRTV. Retrieved March 21, 2019.
- "Williams launches new bid for Montana US House seat". KECI. Associated Press. April 5, 2019. Retrieved April 5, 2019.
- Michels, Holly K. (April 2, 2019). "Missoula state Rep. Tom Winter announces bid for U.S. House". Helena Independent Record. Retrieved April 2, 2019.
- Hanson, Amy Beth (May 13, 2019). "Mayor who was refugee from Liberia announces run for Senate". Associated Press. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- Official campaign websites
- Joe Dooling (R) for Congress
- Matt Rains (D) for Congress
- Matt Rosendale (R) for Congress
- Corey Stapleton (R) for Congress
- Kathleen Williams (D) for Congress
- Tom Winter (D) for Congress
|This Montana elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|