2020 United States Senate election in Iowa
|Elections in Iowa|
The 2020 United States Senate election in Iowa will be held on November 3, 2020, to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the State of Iowa, concurrently with the 2020 U.S. presidential election, as well as other elections to the United States Senate in other states and elections to the United States House of Representatives and various state and local elections.
- Kimberly Graham, attorney
- Theresa Greenfield, candidate for U.S. Representative in Iowa's 3rd congressional district in 2018
- Eddie Mauro, candidate for U.S. Representative in Iowa's 3rd congressional district in 2018
- Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
- Deirdre DeJear, nominee for Secretary of State of Iowa in 2018
- Abby Finkenauer, incumbent U.S. Representative for Iowa's 1st congressional district and former member of the Iowa House of Representatives
- Michael Franken, retired U.S. Navy admiral
- Amber Gustafson, former candidate for Iowa State Senate in 2018
- Rob Hogg, state senator
- Liz Mathis, state senator
- Rob Sand, Iowa State Auditor
- Steve Warnstadt, former state senator and intelligence officer in the Iowa Army National Guard
- Cindy Axne, incumbent U.S. Representative for Iowa's 3rd congressional district (running for reelection)
- Rita Hart, former State Senator and Democratic nominee for Lieutenant Governor of Iowa in 2018 (running in Iowa's 2nd congressional district)
- J.D. Scholten, nominee for Iowa's 4th congressional district in 2018 (running in Iowa's 4th congressional district)
- Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa and former United States Secretary of Agriculture
- Stacey Walker, Linn County supervisor
- with Theresa Greenfield
|Lake Research Partners (D)[A]||April 24–29, 2019||500||–||56%||34%||–|
- with Eddie Mauro
|Lake Research Partners (D)[A]||April 24–29, 2019||500||–||58%||33%||–|
- Partisan clients
- Poll sponsored by the Eddie Mauro campaign
- Poll sponsored by Save My Care
- Cohen, Zach C. (December 5, 2018). "How 2014's Outsiders Became 2020's Insiders". National Journal. Retrieved December 5, 2018.
- Axelrod, Tal (2018-12-08). "Iowa's Ernst will run for reelection in 2020". TheHill. Retrieved 2018-12-30.
- Gunzburger, Ron. "Politics1 - Online Guide to Iowa Politics". www.politics1.com. Retrieved 2018-12-31.
- Graham, Kimberly (May 10, 2019). "Why I'm running to be the best senator money can't buy". Bleeding Heartland. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- Becker, Amanda; Jackson, Katharine (January 19, 2019). "Women protest in hundreds of U.S. cities for third straight year". Reuters. Retrieved May 11, 2019.
- Gerber, Drew [@dagerber] (June 3, 2019). "Theresa Greenfield launches her campaign for #IASEN. She's been highly sought after by the party" (Tweet). Retrieved June 3, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Line, Iowa Starting (2019-05-19). "Guess we'll wait for the official thing tomorrow AM, but FYI #IASenpic.twitter.com/E0EJWVXsRF". @IAStartingLine. Retrieved 2019-05-19.
- "2020 Senate At-A-Glance" (PDF). Cook Political Report. Retrieved 9 January 2019.
- http://www.washingtontimes.com, The Washington Times. "Democrats look to unseat Joni Ernst in 2020 Senate race". The Washington Times. Retrieved 2018-12-28.
- "Who will run against Joni Ernst in 2020?". Iowa Starting Line. November 12, 2018. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Meyer, Elizabeth (June 26, 2019). "Michael Franken, Retired Admiral From NW Iowa, Considering Ernst Challenge". Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- Weig, Nick (February 26, 2019). "Sen. Liz Mathis meets with Democrats in D.C. to talk about 2020 Senate race". CBS2. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
- Rynard, Pat (February 25, 2019). "Who's Gearing Up To Challenge Joni Ernst?". Iowa Starting Line. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- Price, Dave [@idaveprice] (April 30, 2019). "Confirmed: Iowa Democrat @RepCindyAxne running for re-election in the 3rd District. Not running for senate against @SenJoniErnst in 2020. Axne is in her first term after defeating two term incumbent @RepDavidYoung in 2018. @WHOhd #iowavotes2020" (Tweet). Retrieved April 30, 2019 – via Twitter.
- Arkin, James (February 27, 2019). "Senate recruiting notebook: Duran clarifies field facing Gardner". Politico. Retrieved February 27, 2019.
And former state Sen. Rita Hart, the 2018 Democratic nominee for lieutenant governor, is a potential candidate, according to multiple Iowa Democrats, but she has not discussed a campaign publicly.
- Judd, Donald (August 5, 2019). "Iowa native JD Scholten announces second bid to unseat GOP Rep. Steve King". CNN. Retrieved August 5, 2019.
- Pfannenstiel, Brianne (February 22, 2019). "Former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack will not run for the U.S. Senate against Sen. Joni Ernst in 2020". Des Moines Register. Retrieved February 22, 2019.
- "Stacey Walker won't seek U.S. Senate nomination". The Gazette. August 12, 2019. Retrieved August 12, 2019.
- Official campaign websites
- Joni Ernst (R) for Senate
- Kimberly Graham (D) for Senate
- Theresa Greenfield (D) for Senate
- Eddie Mauro (D) for Senate
|This Iowa elections-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|