2020 United States Senate election in Kentucky
The 2020 United States Senate election in Kentucky will be held on November 3, 2020, to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the Commonwealth of Kentucky, concurrently with the 2020 U.S. presidential election, as well as other elections to the United States Senate in other states and elections to the United States House of Representatives and various state and local elections.
- Rocky Adkins, minority leader of the Kentucky House of Representatives and candidate for governor in 2019
- Andy Beshear, incumbent Attorney General of Kentucky and nominee for Governor in 2019
- Jack Conway, former Attorney General of Kentucky, nominee for Senate in 2010, and nominee for Governor in 2015
- Adam Edelen, former State Auditor and candidate for governor in 2019
- Greg Fischer, mayor of Louisville
- Jim Gray, former mayor of Lexington and nominee for Senate in 2016
- Alison Lundergan Grimes, Secretary of State of Kentucky and nominee for the U.S. Senate in 2014
- Matt Jones, media personality, restaurateur
- Ashley Judd, actress
- US Senators
- US Representatives
- US Governors
- State legislators
- Richard Ojeda, former West Virginia State Senator; former 2020 presidential candidate
- Rene Auberjonois, actor
- Pete Buttigieg, Mayor of South Bend; 2020 presidential candidate
- Stephen King, author and activist
- Patton Oswalt, actor and comedian
- Adam Scott, actor and comedian
- Bette Midler, actress and activist
- Vincent D'Onofrio, actor and producer
- Alyssa Milano, actress and activist
- Jennifer Hale, voice actress and activist
- Micah Wright, writer and socialist activist
- Chelsea Handler, comedian and activist
||Jun 11–12, 2019
- Partisan clients
- ^ Poll sponsored by The Ditch Mitch Fund
- ^ Poll sponsored by Our Lives on the Line
- ^ Mitch McConnell to Kentucky Gov. Bevin: Stay home and run for re-election
- ^ Beam, Adam. "McConnell announces re-elect campaign at Fancy Farm picnic". Associated Press.
- ^ Brammer, Jack (29 May 2019). "Former Kentucky lawmaker challenging Mitch McConnell in GOP primary for U.S. Senate". Lexington Herald Leader. Retrieved 31 May 2019.
- ^ Cohen, Zach C. [@Zachary_Cohen] (March 6, 2019). "Lil' news in the kicker here: #KYgov @MattBevin, McConnell's 2014 primary challenger, said he will "of course" support McConnell's #KYsen reelection in 2020.🔒njour.nl/s/677069" (Tweet). Retrieved March 6, 2019 – via Twitter.
- ^ @realDonaldTrump (July 9, 2019). "Democrats are coming after our great Kentucky Senator, Mitch McConnell, with someone who compared my election to September 11th..." (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ^ @realDonaldTrump (July 9, 2019). "....Why would Kentucky ever think of giving up the most powerful position in Congress, the Senate Majority Leader, for a freshman Senator with little power in what will hopefully be the minority party. We need Mitch in the Senate to Keep America Great!!" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- ^ Template:Cite Campaign Page
- ^ Daniel Desrochers (July 9, 2019). "Amy McGrath launches campaign for U.S. Senate, Pro-Trump Democrat". Lexington Herald Leader. Retrieved July 9, 2019.
- ^ Desrochers, Daniel (June 26, 2019). "Will Rocky Adkins be on the ballot in 2020? He says he's being courted for big races". Lexington Herald-Leader. Retrieved June 26, 2019.
- ^ Staff, WYMT News. "Rocky Adkins approached as potential challenger for Mitch McConnell". wymt.com. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- ^ "Rocky Adkins Interview". HKY. 2019-07-01. Retrieved 2019-07-12.
- ^ a b c d e Green, J.P. (March 20, 2019). "Can McConnell Be Defeated in 2020?". The Democratic Strategist. Retrieved May 13, 2019.
- ^ Bailey, Phillip M. (March 12, 2019). "Amy McGrath vs Mitch McConnell in 2020? Group launches campaign to 'draft' her". The Courier-Journal. Retrieved March 14, 2019.
- ^ Singiser, Steve. "Here's our ultimate Democratic wishlist for Senate in 2020. Who's on yours?". Daily Kos. Retrieved 19 February 2019.
- ^ Willis, Adam (March 25, 2018). "This Liberal Sports Radio Host Thinks He Can Take Down Mitch McConnell". Politico. Archived from the original on 2018-03-25. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- ^ Novelly, Thomas (March 26, 2018). "Is Matt Jones in for a 'rude awakening' if he challenges Mitch McConnell for Senate?". Courier-Journal. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- ^ Gibson, Becca (March 27, 2018). "Matt Jones wants to take down Mitch McConnell in 2020". WAVE-3 TV. Retrieved 7 September 2018.
- ^ Ron Wyden. "Mitch McConnell has spent his time in Congress fighting for special interests and corporations. @AmyMcGrathKY is the champion of working families we need to replace McConnell in the Senate". Twitter.
- ^ Jeff Merkley. "Think about the one issue you care about more than anything else, that makes you determined to fight for Democrats in 2020. Now think about how much more likely we are to achieve that goal w/ Mitch McConnell gone. I support @AmyMcGrathKY". Twitter.
- ^ Chris Murphy. "Take 3 minutes to watch this. And then take 3 more minutes to click here to make a small donation to help beat Mitch McConnell". Twitter.
- ^ Michael Bennet. "Washington is a three-ring circus: @realDonaldTrump spins the plates, while Mitch McConnell is the ringmaster. We need to replace McConnell and end his attack on our institutions. @AmyMcGrathKY can get the job done". Twitter.
- ^ Cory Booker. "We all know how important it is that we win in 2020—not just the presidency but also the Senate. I'm excited to support @AmyMcGrathKY who is running to replace Mitch McConnell". Twitter.
- ^ Kirsten Gillibrand. "At the debates last month, the candidates were asked how we'd deal with Mitch McConnell if we're elected president. Here's one solution: We replace him. I'm proud to endorse @AmyMcGrathKY for U.S. Senate. Let's win this fight". Twitter.
- ^ Kamala Harris. "From the Naval Academy to her historic Marine combat flight to Afghanistan, Iraq and the Pentagon, @AmyMcGrathKY has dedicated her life to serving our country. Thank you for stepping up and continuing your leadership". Twitter.
- ^ Amy Klobuchar. "Wow. Worth your time to watch. From one Amy to another, we need you here! @AmyMcGrathKY". Twitter.
- ^ Elizabeth Warren. ".@AmyMcGrathKY is a real fighter for working families in Kentucky and across the country. She inspired us in 2018, and now she's running for the U.S. Senate. Go Amy!". Twitter.
- ^ Eric Swalwell. "A lot of Dem presidential candidates were asked how they'd work with @senatemajldr McConnell. Lots of different approaches. But the right answer is, "He won't be in the Senate. @AmyMcGrathKY will beat him." #DitchMitch2020". Twitter.
- ^ Katie Hill (July 9, 2019). "Time to get the self-proclaimed "grim reaper" out of office so we can finally pass the violence against women's act, government reform (HR1), prescription drug reform and so much more. Thank you, @AmyMcGrathKY, for fighting to restore our democracy. We're with you".
- ^ John Delaney. ""There is a path to resetting our country's moral compass." Well said, @AmyMcGrathKY. It's wonderful to see inspirational leaders like you stepping up to fight for a better future". Twitter.
- ^ Steve Bullock. "McConnell has stood in the way of American progress for decades. He has to go, and there's no one like @AmyMcGrathKY to get this job done. Kentuckians deserve a fighter like her in the Senate". Twitter.
- ^ Jay Inslee. "Mitch McConnell will go down in history as one of the greatest threats to American democracy. We will not achieve progress by working with him — so we must beat him". Twitter.
- ^ Richard Ojeda [@VoteOjeda2020] (July 9, 2019). "Kentucky!!!! You can be the real heroes come November 2020 when you finally send Mitch McConnell home. Replace him with a true American leader who learned leadership as a Marine! This video is Spot On! #McGrath4Senate" (Tweet). Retrieved July 10, 2019 – via Twitter.
- ^ Rene Auberjonois. "I just chipped in to help @AmyMcGrathKY defeat Mitch McConnell in 2020". Twitter.
- ^ Pete Buttigieg. "Our democracy is on the ballot in 2020—and taking back the Senate is key to restoring it. I'm grateful to @AmyMcGrathKY for her years of service and thrilled to see her candidacy". Twitter.
- ^ Stephen King. "#DitchMitch". Twitter.
- ^ Patton Oswalt. "Defeat Mitch McConnell and defend democracy. http://AmyMcGrath.com 👇👇👇👇". Twitter.
- ^ Adam Scott. "✊✊✊". Twitter.
- ^ Bette Midler. "This is great! A woman who is NOT married to a member of a huge Chinese shipping factory, and who ACTUALLY SERVED IN THE MILITARY, not like #bitchMitch who got out after 5 weeks!". Twitter.
- ^ Vincent D'Onofrio. "You go get'm @AmyMcGrathKY We have your back!". Twitter.
- ^ Alyssa Milano. "DONATED". Twitter.
- ^ Jennifer Hale. "💪🏼👍🏼 #DitchMitch bring on the #WrathOfMcgrath". Twitter.
- ^ Micah Wright. "It would be glorious if this chinless worm lost his senate seat. When the history of America is finalized, he will truly deserve his nickname "Gravedigger of Democracy." No one has done more to destroy our country than Mitch McConnell". Twitter.
- ^ Chelsea Handler. "I love this woman, and nothing would be more beautiful than an army veteran replacing Mitch McConnell". Twitter.
- ^ https://twitter.com/paulajean2020/status/1148732500346380289?s=20
- Official campaign websites