29th Tony Awards
|29th Tony Awards|
|Date||April 20, 1975|
|Location||Winter Garden Theatre, New York City, New York|
|Hosted by||Larry Blyden, George S. Irving, Larry Kert, Carol Lawrence, Michele Lee, Bernadette Peters and Bobby Van|
The 29th Annual Tony Awards ceremony was held on April 20, 1975, at the Winter Garden Theatre in New York City, and broadcast by ABC television. Hosts/Performers/Presenters were Larry Blyden, George S. Irving, Larry Kert, Carol Lawrence, Michele Lee, Bernadette Peters and Bobby Van.
The theme centered on the Winter Garden Theatre, where many of the greatest stars in theatrical history began their careers.
Presenters: Jack Albertson, Eve Arden, Fred Astaire, Milton Berle, Ray Bolger, Carol Channing, Clifton Davis, Buddy Ebsen, Jack Haley, Angela Lansbury, Jack Lemmon, John V. Lindsay, Cleavon Little, Walter Matthau, Vincente Minnelli, Carl Reiner, Rosalind Russell, Joe Smith, Jean Stapleton.
- Mame ("Mame" - Angela Lansbury and Men)
- Follies ("The Story of Lucy and Jessie" - Alexis Smith and Dancers)
- Gypsy ("Everything's Coming up Roses" - Angela Lansbury and Company)
Winners and nominees
Winners are in bold
- Neil Simon, for his plays
Theatre Award '75 Winner
- Al Hirschfeld for 50 years of theatrical cartoons