|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||153.196 g/mol g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
|(what is this?)|
3-Fluoroamphetamine (3-FA; PAL-353) is a stimulant drug from the amphetamine family which acts as a monoamine releaser with similar potency to methamphetamine but more selectivity for dopamine and norepinephrine release over serotonin. It is self-administered by mice to a similar extent to related drugs such as 4-fluoroamphetamine and 3-methylamphetamine.
As of October 2015 3-FA is a controlled substance in China.
- 2-Fluoroamphetamine (2-FA)
- 3-Fluoroethamphetamine (3-FEA)
- 3-Fluoromethamphetamine (3-FMA)
- 3-Hydroxyamphetamine (Gepefrine)
- 3-Methylamphetamine (3-MA)
- 3-Methoxyamphetamine (3-MeOA)
- 3-Trifluoromethylamphetamine (Norfenfluramine)
- 4-Fluoroamphetamine (4-FA)
- Negus, SS; Mello, NK; Blough, BE; Baumann, MH; Rothman, RB (2007). "Monoamine releasers with varying selectivity for dopamine/norepinephrine versus serotonin release as candidate "agonist" medications for cocaine dependence: studies in assays of cocaine discrimination and cocaine self-administration in rhesus monkeys". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 320 (2): 627–36. doi:10.1124/jpet.106.107383. PMID 17071819.
- Wee, S; Anderson, KG; Baumann, MH; Rothman, RB; Blough, BE; Woolverton, WL (2005). "Relationship between the serotonergic activity and reinforcing effects of a series of amphetamine analogs". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 313 (2): 848–54. doi:10.1124/jpet.104.080101. PMID 15677348.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.