Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Divisors||1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32|
32 = 11 + 22 + 33
- The atomic number of germanium
- The freezing point of water at standard atmospheric pressure in degrees Fahrenheit
- Messier 32, a magnitude 9.0 galaxy in the constellation Andromeda which is a companion to M31.
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 32, a star in the constellation Pegasus
- The number of completed, numbered piano sonatas by Ludwig van Beethoven
- "32 Footsteps", a song by They Might Be Giants
- "The Chamber of 32 Doors", a song by Genesis, from their 1974 concept album The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway
- "32", a song on Mr. Mister's debut album I Wear the Face
- "32", a song by electro-rock group Carpark North
- "Thirty Two", a song by Van Morrison on the album New York Sessions '67
- ThirtyTwo is the fourth album by English band Reverend and the Makers
- "32 Pennies", a song on Warrant's 1989 debut album Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich
- The number of rays in the Japanese Rising Sun on the cover of Incubus' 2006 album Light Grenades
- "32 Ways To Die", a song on Sum41's album Half Hour of Power
- The shortened pseudonym of UK rapper Wretch 32
- In chess, the total number of black squares on the board, the total number of white squares, and the total number of pieces (black and white) at the beginning of the game.
- The number of teams in the National Football League.
- In association football:
- The FIFA World Cup final tournament has featured 32 men's national teams from 1998 through 2022, after which the field will expand to 48.
- The FIFA Women's World Cup final tournament will feature 32 national teams starting with the next edition in 2023.
- The ball used in association football is most often made with 32 panels of leather or synthetic material.
In other fields
Thirty-two could also refer to:
- The number of teeth of a full set of teeth in an adult human, including wisdom teeth
- The size of a databus in bits: 32-bit
- The size, in bits, of certain integer data types, used in computer representations of numbers
- IPv4 uses 32-bit (4-byte) addresses
- ASCII and Unicode code point for space
- The code for international direct dial phone calls to Belgium
- In the title Thirty-Two Short Films About Glenn Gould, starring Colm Feore
- Article 32 of the UCMJ concerns pre-trial investigations. Such a hearing is often called an "article 32 hearing"
- Sometimes considered to be the occult opposite of number 23
- The caliber .32 ACP
- The number of pages in the average comic book (not including the cover)
- The number of the French department Gers
- The traditional 32 counties of Ireland