37th Berlin International Film Festival
|Awards||Golden Bear (Tema)|
|No. of films||321 films|
|Festival date||20 February – 3 March 1987|
The 37th annual Berlin International Film Festival was held from 20 February to 3 March 1987. The Golden Bear was awarded to the Soviet Union film Tema directed by Gleb Panfilov. The retrospective dedicated to Armenian-American film and theatre director Rouben Mamoulian was shown at the festival.
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
- Klaus Maria Brandauer (Head of the Jury)
- Juliet Berto
- Kathleen Carroll
- Callisto Cosulich
- Victor Dyomin
- Reinhard Hauff
- Edmund Luft
- Jiří Menzel
- Dan Pița
- Paul Schrader
- Antonio Skármeta
Films in competition
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: Tema by Gleb Panfilov
- Silver Bear – Special Jury Prize: Umi to dokuyaku by Kei Kumai
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Oliver Stone for Platoon
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Ana Beatriz Nogueira for Vera
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Gian Maria Volonté for Il caso Moro
- Silver Bear for an outstanding single achievement:
- Silver Bear for an outstanding artistic contribution: Children of a Lesser God
- Alfred-Bauer Prize: Mauvais Sang
- FIPRESCI Award
- "PROGRAMME 1987". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "37th Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 28 December 2010. Retrieved 18 January 2011.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1987". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "JURIES 1987". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 9 June 2014.