|Cardinal||seven hundred seventy-seven|
(seven hundred seventy-seventh)
|Factorization||3 × 7 × 37|
Christian denominations consider seven to be a holy number because Genesis says that God rested on the 7th day and man was created on the 6th day. Because God rested on the 7th day, that is the reason for the observance of the Hebrew Sabbath on the last day of the week. The 7th day of the week is indicated on the Hebrew Lunar calendar containing 13 months of four weeks each. According to the American publication, the Orthodox Study Bible, 777 represents the threefold perfection of the Trinity. The number 777, as triple 7, can be contrasted against triple 6, for the Number of the Beast as 666 (rather than variant 616).
777 is also found in the title of the book 777 and Other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley pertaining to the law of thelema.
In other traditions and teachings, seven is seen as the perfect number that holds creation and the universe together. Religious or mythological cosmology refers to seven heavens, ancient Indian spiritual texts detail seven chakras and esoteric teachings describe seven planes of creation.
In Unix's chmod, change-access-mode command, the value 777 grants all file-access permissions to all user types in a file storage system.
Boeing, the largest manufacturer of airliners in the United States, released the Boeing 777 (commonly nicknamed the Triple Seven) in June 1995. The family of 777's include the 777-200, 777-200ER, the 777-300, the 777-200LR Worldliner, the 777-300ER, and the 777 Freighter.
Gambling and luck
777 is used on most slot machines in the United States to identify a jackpot. As it is considered a lucky number, banknotes with a serial number containing 777 tend to be valued by collectors and numismatists. The US Mint and the Bureau of Engraving and Printing sells uncirculated 777 $1 bills for this reason.
- "From Adam to Noah", Biblica Inc.,1973.Retrieved on 27 March 2014
- Posner, Eliezer. "On the Meaning of Three". Chabad. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Dennis, Geoffrey. "Judaism & Numbers". My Jewish Learning. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Loughran, David. "The Number 777", Stewarton Bible School, 1995. Retrieved on 25 March 2014.
- "Properties of the number 777". Riding the Beast. Retrieved 6 December 2013.
- Crowley, Aleister. ["777 And Other Qabalistic Writings of Aleister Crowley"]. Weiser Books, June 1, 1986. Retrieved on March 27, 2014.
- Nunitus, Septem (2016). 777: Messages from the Elder Gods (777 Series Book 1). Elder Gods Press. p. 5. ASIN B01I0EUQGA.
- "Afrikaner Resistance Movement", LA times, 3 April 2010. Retrieved March 24, 2014.
- "The Three Sevens flag", 8 March 2014. Retrieved on 14 March 2014.
- "Boeing 777 Facts". Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Technical Information". Boeing. Retrieved 5 December 2013.
- "Pelli Stretches His Skin to New Heights : Architecture: Designer's trademark style is manifested in 53-story tower now rising in L.A." April 8, 1990 – via LA Times.
- Kay, Rhonda (2012-08-28). "$1 Lucky 777 Notes Introduced by Bureau of Engraving and Printing". Coin News. Retrieved 2019-02-07.
- "$1 Lucky 777 Note". United States Mint. Retrieved 2019-02-07.