93rd Street (Manhattan)
Jeanne d'Arc monument, located at West 93rd Street and Riverside Drive
|Length||1.2 mi (1.9 km)|
|Width||60 feet (18.29 m)|
|Postal code||10024 (west), 10128 (east)|
|West end||Riverside Drive|
|East end||First Avenue|
93rd Street runs from Riverside Drive, overlooking the Hudson River, to the East River, through the New York City borough of Manhattan. It traverses the neighborhoods of the Upper West Side, Upper East Side, Carnegie Hill, and Yorkville; the street is interrupted by Central Park.
- Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School
- 161 West 93rd Street, built by the Nippon Club
- The Spence School occupies the former William Goadby and Florence Baker Loew House.
- Congregation Shaare Zedek, in a handsome Neoclassical building from 1922.
- The Joan of Arc Junior High School in a handsome Art Deco building between Amsterdam and Columbus.
- The handsome Gothic Revival Lutheran Church of the Advent, 1900, on the northeast corner of Broadway.
- 75 E 93rd St - Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad - formerly the Francis Palmer House / George F Baker Mansion -- the former mansion of General Winfield Scott was located here as well
- 60 East 93rd Street- Formerly the Virginia Graham Fair Vanderbilt house. The mansion now serves as a gallery for Carlton Hobbs LLC, an antique dealer specializing in fine European furniture and works of art.
The 93rd Street Beautification Association works to preserve and enhance the street where it runs through Carnegie Hill.
- Marx Brothers lived here at 179 East 93rd Street.
- Jackie Robinson lived at 33 West 93rd Street for a year and a half in the 1960s.
- Google (January 8, 2017). "93rd Street" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- "Carlton Hobbs LLC".
- Strausbaugh, John. "In the Mansion Land of the ‘Fifth Avenoodles’", The New York Times, December 14, 2007. Accessed January 30, 2008.
- Marx, Harpo (1962). Harpo Speaks!. Limelight Editions. ISBN 0-87910-036-2.
|This article relating to roads and streets in New York City is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|