|Launched||21 September 1997|
|Network||Sony Pictures Television|
|Owned by||Sony Pictures Entertainment|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 480i/576i for SDTVs
|Sister channel(s)||Animax Asia|
Sony One (Korean)
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 701 (SD)|
Channel 721 (HD)
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 336 (HD)|
|MNC Vision (Indonesia)||Channel 154 (SD) |
Channel 438 (HD)
|Kristal-Astro (Brunei)||Channel 701 (SD)|
Channel 721 (HD)
|OrangeTV (Indonesia)||Channel 200|
|BiGTV (Indonesia)||Channel 204 (SD)|
Channel 205 (HD)
|VTC Digital (Vietnam)||Channel 9 (HD)|
|G Sat (Philippines)||Channel 12 (SD)|
|Cignal (Philippines)||Channel 121 (SD)|
Channel 234 (HD)
|PBS TV (Fiji)||Channel 22|
|CBTV Sat (China)||Channel 307|
|SKY Perfect (Japan)||Channel 725|
|I Hits (Japan)||Channel 232|
|JC Hits (Japan)||Channel 757|
|SKY Perfect e2 (Japan)||Channel 311|
|SkyLife (South Korea)||Channel 66 (HD)|
|SKY NET |
|TransVision (Indonesia)||Channel 301 (HD)|
|K+ (Vietnam)||Channel 56|
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 93 (SD)|
Channel 116 (HD)
|Channel 30 (HD 800/77/99)|
Channel 12 (C01/C02)
|D-Sky (Taiwan)||Channel 8|
|Sky Direct (Philippines)||Channel 34 (HD)|
|StarHub TV (Singapore)||Channel 511 (SD/HD)|
|First Media (Indonesia)||Channel 51 (SD)|
Channel 332 (HD)
|SkyCable / Destiny Cable (Philippines)||Channel 49 (SD)|
Channel 247/737 (HD)
(Bacolod, Cebu, Davao, Baguio, Iloilo, Dumaguete and General Santos)
|Pioneer Cable Vision Inc. (PCVI) (Philippines)||Channel 22 (SD)|
|Cablelink (Philippines)||Channel 38|
|Macau Cable TV (Macau)||Channel 62 (HD)|
|J:COM (Japan)||Channel 252 (Digital)|
|South Luzon CATV (Philippines)||Channel 304 (Digital)|
|Cable TV Hong Kong (Hong Kong)||Channel 373 (SD)|
Channel 315 (HD)
|SCTV (Vietnam)||Channel 63|
|HTVC (Vietnam)||Channel 29/52|
|TrueVisions (Thailand)||Channel 336 (HD)|
|MediaNet (Maldives)||Channel 523 (SD)|
Channel 814 (HD)
|Astro B.yond (Malaysia)||Channel 721 (HD)|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 512 (SD/HD)|
|Singtel TV (Singapore)||Channel 304 (HD)|
|myTV Super(Hong Kong)||Channel 502|
|4th MEDIA (Japan)||Channel 441|
AXN primarily airs shows from the U.S. and U.K. (including selected shows produced/distributed by Sony Pictures Television), with new episodes airing on the same day after their U.S. telecast. The channel also airs original programming specifically made for Southeast Asian viewers, as well as movies from Sony's film studios (Columbia and TriStar) and other Hollywood film studios.
Upon its launch, in the late 1990s and early 21st century, AXN used to broadcast several anime series, many of them in Japanese audio with English subtitles and held annual anime festivals around Southeast Asia. Its anime programming would later be moved to Animax Asia in 2004, the preparations for which Sony had been planning since the late 1990s. In the last quarter of 2010, selected English-dubbed anime programs from Animax Asia were broadcast during mornings and late-afternoon. This feed was then made available in the Philippines only, but was shut down in August 2016 as AXN would focus on its main programming.
- The Amazing Race Asia - a local version of the American reality competition series The Amazing Race; the fifth season premiered in 2016.
- The Apartment
- The Apprentice Asia - premiered in 2013
- Asia's Got Talent - premiered in 2015; second season premiered in 2017; third season to air in late 2018.
- Cash Cab Asia
- The Contender Asia - Muay Thai boxing reality show similar to The Contender; season 1 premiered on January 16, 2008
- The Duke - men's lifestyle magazine talk show; season 1 premiered in 2009
- e-Buzz - entertainment news show, hosted by Jaymee Ong; ongoing
- The Kitchen Musical (was available in Singapore)
- Sony Style - lifestyle and entertainment magazine show sponsored by Sony; seasons 2 & 3 hosted by Oli Pettigrew
- Ultimate Escape - holiday adventure show; the first season aired from October 29, 2007 to November 19, 2007
- AXN Southeast Asia (Panregional feed reaching most counties in the region)
- AXN India
- AXN Japan
- AXN Korea (joint venture with CU Media)
- AXN Philippines (separated from the SEA feed including local advertisements, and movies)
- AXN Taiwan
- AXN Beyond (later known as BeTV; now Sony Channel)
- AXN Beyond Malaysia
- AXN Beyond Pan-regional
- AXN Beyond Philippines
There are two feeds for the channel. One is aimed at viewers in Hong Kong and Thailand only, while the other one is aimed towards the rest of the region. Programming on both feeds are the same, with the exception of local advertisement and promo timings. This is also the case with the Philippine feed, which sometimes modifies its own programming due to broadcast issues.
AXN first launched its high-definition feed in Korea on 1 March 2009 and was later made available in Singapore on StarHub TV on 25 May 2010. In Malaysia, it was launched on 16 June 2010 on Astro. In Thailand it was launched on 12 July 2011 on TrueVisions and in India it was made availave on Videocon D2H in 19 July 2014 . It premiered in Sri Lanka on Dialog TV 2013. In the Philippines it was launched on 20 April 2015 on SkyCable, Sky Direct, Cignal and Singtel TV.
- Animax Asia
- BeTV (former TV channel)
- Sony Channel (Asia) (former TV channel known as SET South East Asia)
- SET Asia (India region)
- Magz Ozbourne (2007-12-01). "AXN - Evolution". Television Asia. Archived from the original on 2009-01-05. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- Michael Flagg (2000-09-27). "Singapore's AXN Cable Channel Brings Action to Stagnant Market". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-09-30.
- "The Amazing Race Asia is back after six years". The New Paper. 2016-06-02. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- Donato, Jerry. "Born to play on The Apprentice Asia". philstar.com. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- "Asia's Got Talent Season 2 premiere topped ratings in Singapore". Asian Television Awards. 2017-10-24. Retrieved 2017-10-31.
- ‘Reality television is here to stay’
- The Duke at Telebisyon.net Archived February 21, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- e Buzz at Telebisyon.net Archived January 19, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Sony Style website Archived March 31, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- AXN Ultimate Escape Archived October 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- AXN HD in Singapore Archived May 25, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- AXN HD in Malaysia Archived June 5, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.