A Force of One
|A Force of One|
Promotional film poster
|Directed by||Paul Aaron|
|Produced by||Alan Belkin|
|Written by||Pat E. Johnson|
|Music by||Dick Halligan|
|Edited by||Bert Lovitt|
|Distributed by||American Cinema Releasing|
|June 21, 1979|
|Budget||$2.5 million or $3.5 million|
|Box office||$17 million or|
$20.2 million or
A Force of One is a 1979 action martial arts film starring Chuck Norris, Jennifer O'Neill, Ron O'Neal, Clu Gulager and Bill Wallace. The film was directed by Paul Aaron and written by Pat E. Johnson and Ernest Tidyman.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)
When a team of undercover narcotics officers is targeted by a serial killer, the police recruit karate champion Matt Logan to bring the murders to an end. Narcotics Officer Amanda "Mandy" Rust (Jennifer O'Neill) discovers that a traitor within the police ranks is behind the killings.
- Chuck Norris....Matt Logan
- Jennifer O'Neill....Amanda "Mandy" Rust
- Clu Gulager....Dunne
- Ron O'Neal....Rollins
- Bill Wallace....Sparks
- Eric Laneuville....Charlie Logan
- James Whitmore Jr....Moskowitz
- Clint Ritchie....Melrose
- Pepe Serna....Orlando
- Ray Vitte....Newton
- Taylor Lacher....Bishop
- Lisa James....Harriett
- Chu Chu Malave....Rudy
- Kevin Geer....Johnson
- Eugene Butler....Murphy
The Los Angeles Times called it "a swift, taut, handsomely photographed thriller... made with more craftmanship than most martial arts movies."
Critics nicknamed the film "A Farce of One" though it did manage to gross over twenty million dollars domestically.
The film was written by Ernest Tidyman who in a 1980 interview considered it his least successful effort as a craftsman. "I only wrote it to buy my mother a house." he said, although financially it was one of his biggest hits.
- BROESKE, P. H. (1985, May 19). CHUCK NORRIS--AN ALL-AMERICAN HIT. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/154169712?accountid=13902
- MOVIES: MARTIAL-ARTS FILMS: ALIVE AND KICKING Goldman, Stuart. Los Angeles Times (1923-1995); Los Angeles, Calif. [Los Angeles, Calif]29 June 1980: y28.
- "A Force of One - Box Office Data". The Numbers. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- Drooz, A. (1981, Mar 12). Chuck norris aims for stardom. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) Retrieved from https://search-proquest-com.ezproxy.sl.nsw.gov.au/docview/152733428?accountid=13902
- FORCE OF ONE, A Monthly Film Bulletin; London Vol. 47, Iss. 552, (Jan 1, 1980): 67.
- McLellan, Dennis (2004-01-17). "'Superfly' actor Ron O'Neal, '70s blaxploitation film star". Boston Globe. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- CHUCK NORRIS IN 'A FORCE OF ONE' Thomas, Kevin. Los Angeles Times 7 Mar 1980: h11.
- Karate champion now has 2 films under his black belt Groen, Rick. The Globe and Mail 16 June 1979: P.35.
- ERNEST TIDYMAN'S PEN MIGHTIER THAN MOST Spence, Betty. Los Angeles Times (1923-Current File) [Los Angeles, Calif] 22 June 1980: t6.
|This article about a martial arts film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|