Abdisho bar Berika
Abdisho was first bishop of Shiggar (Sinjar) and the province of Bet 'Arbaye (Arbayestan) around 1285 and from before 1291 metropolitan of Nisibis and Armenia. He was the author of the Marganitha (The book of the jewel), one of the most important ecclesiastical texts of the Assyrian Church of the East, a kind of theological encyclopedy.
He wrote in Syriac biblical commentaries, polemical treatises against heresy as well as dogmatic and legal writings. He also wrote texts in metrical form including an author catalog, which has for the Syrian literary history an important role.
- The "book of the jewel" or Marganitha (1298)
- Catalogue of biblical and ecclesiastical books.
- Paradise of Eden.
- Zammit, Martin. `Enbe men Karmo Suryoyo (Bunches of Grapes from the Syriac Vineyard).
- Earl, George (1944). History of the Christian Arabic literature. 1.
- Lavenant, René (1919). Abdīšō Berika bar. 3.
- Baumstark, Anton (1922). History of Syriac literature with exclusion of the Palestinian Christian texts. p. 632.