Abstract comics are comics that combine concepts of visual abstraction with the traditional continuity of the comic strip.
A collection of abstract comics was brought together in the book Abstract Comics: The Anthology edited by Andrei Molotiu. The Danish publisher Fahrenheit published Nautilus by Molotiu and Reykjavik by Henrik Rehr, both abstract graphic novels, in 2009. Creators of abstract comics included in Molotiu's anthology include Robert Crumb, Andrei Molotiu, Patrick McDonnell, Mark Badger, Henrik Rehr, Benoit Joly, Mark Staff Brandl and Gary Panter.
- Andrei Molotiu (ed.), Abstract Comics: The Anthology, Fantagraphics, 2009.
- Abstraction in Comics by Jan Baetens
- Molotiu on Fantagraphics' Abstract Comics at Comic Book Resources
- Robot reviews: Abstract Comics by Chris Mautner
- Abstract Comics by Sara Cole at PopMatters
- Abstract Comics review by Sean Rogers at The Walrus
- A Quick Introduction To Abstract Comics by Tim Gaze at Action Yes
- Abstract comics review by Ryan Holmberg at Hooded Utilitarian
- Abstract comics review by Tim Platt
|This comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|