Academy of Our Lady (Chicago)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Academy of Our Lady|
1309 West 95th Street
|Funding type||Private school|
Academy of Our Lady, also known as Longwood Academy, was a school in the Chicago, Illinois from 1875 to 1999. It was co-ed until 1892, and a girls' school afterwards; took boarding students until 1935; and had a grade school program until 1950, after which it was only a high school.
It opened as Academy of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in 1875. The name was changed to Institute of Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in 1886 and to Academy of Our Lady in 1898.
- "Chicago Academy of Our Lady/aka Longwood Academy". Illinois High School Glory Days. Chicago. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- Glen Jeansonne (9 June 1997). Women of the Far Right: The Mothers' Movement and World War II. University of Chicago Press. ISBN 978-0-226-39589-0.