|Executive editor||James Cooper|
|Frequency||Weekly, with multiple editions|
|Based in||New York City, New York, U.S.|
Adweek is a weekly American advertising trade publication that was first published in 1978.  Adweek covers creativity, client–agency relationships, global advertising, accounts in review, and new campaigns. During this time, it has covered several notable shifts, including cable television, the shift away from commission-based agency fees, and the Internet.
As the second-largest advertising-trade publication, its main competitor is Advertising Age. Adweek also operates various blogs focusing on the advertising and mass media industry, including its flagship AdFreak blog and the Adweek Blog Network, which was formed from the assets of Mediabistro.
Related publications include Adweek Magazine's Technology Marketing (ISSN 1536-2272), and Adweek's Marketing Week (ISSN 0892-8274).
In January 2018, Adweek CEO Jeffrey Litvack announced Brandweek, the event, as a first-of-its-kind brand summit to be held September 23-25, 2018 in Palm Springs, Calif., at the Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa. Brandweek is a one-of-a-kind three-day brand marketing symposium and a part of Adweek, LLC. It was also previously a weekly American marketing trade publication that was published between 1986 and April 2011.
In 1990, Affiliated Publications Inc., which publishes The Boston Globe, agreed to acquire 80 percent of the outstanding common stock of A/S/M Communications Inc., which published Adweek. The magazine stabilized in the 1990s.
In April 2008, Alison Fahey, Adweek's editor of ten years, was promoted to publisher and editorial director. She was replaced as editor by Mike Chapman, formerly of the Economist Intelligence Unit and eMarketer.
On July 17, 2016, Canadian private equity firm Beringer Capital announced that it had acquired Adweek.
On January 15, 2015, following the acquisition of their previous parent, Mediabistro, by Prometheus Global Media, Adweek formed the "Adweek Blog Network"—which consists of several B2B blogs focusing on aspects of the mass media industry. They include AgencySpy, which focuses on advertising agencies, Fishbowl DC, a blog focusing on politics and the media, Fishbowl NY, which focuses on New York City media, Galley Cat, which focuses on publishing, LostRemote, which focuses on social television, PRNewser, which focuses on public relations, SocialTimes, and TVSpy, which focuses on local television. While it operated alongside its parent publication, the blog network was kept separate from Adweek's main blog AdFreak.
The most notable member of the blog network is TVNewser, which focuses on the American news media and broadcast industry. The site was founded as CableNewser by then-Towson University student Brian Stelter in January 2004, who maintained the site until joining The New York Times as a media reporter in July 2007. The site's Managing Editor is currently former MSNBC producer Chris Ariens. Editor Kevin Allocca was hired in July 2009, and Alissa Krinsky serves as a contributor to the site. TVNewser is highly-read within the broadcasting industry: The New York Times characterized the site as being "read religiously by network presidents, media executives, producers and publicists ... because it provides a quick snapshot of the industry on any given day." Brian Williams, then anchor of NBC Nightly News, described the blog as "the closest thing to the bible of what's going on in [the news broadcasting] industry". CNN's Miles O'Brien felt that the site "makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a cocktail party of all people who know what's going on in my business." Both MSNBC's Dan Abrams and CNN's Jeff Greenfield have lauded the site for being good at separating fact from fiction.
- Staff, Investopedia (2011-01-15). "Adweek". Investopedia. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- Elliott, Stuart, "Adweek Plans Overhaul as a Sign It Is Alive and Well", The New York Times, 12 September 1991.
- Stevenson, Richard W., "The Battle of Two Advertising Magazines", The New York Times, 14 October 1985.
- "journalfinder.wtcox-4 Subject Search Results - Journal Finder[permanent dead link]".
- Adweek. "Adweek Announces Brandweek Summit for the World's Leading Marketers and Influencers". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- "Brandweek, Mediaweek Prepare to Fold Into Adweek". Retrieved 2018-04-23.
- "Adweek Parent Acquisition Set", The New York Times
- Elliott, Stuart, "Adweek magazine is commemorating its 20th anniversary with a record 232-page special issue", The New York Times, 10 November 1998.
- "Fahey Rises at Adweek". Adweek. 22 April 2008.
- "Adweek acquired by private equity firm Beringer Capital". TechCrunch. Retrieved 19 July 2016.
- "9 Popular Sites Become Core of New Adweek Blog Network". Adweek. Retrieved 16 January 2015.
- mediabistro.com: TVNewser Archived January 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Bosman, Julie. "The Kid With All the News About the TV News". The New York Times. Retrieved 2006-10-22.