African Bank Limited
|Headquarters||59 16th Road, Midrand|
Johannesburg, South Africa
|Products||Banking, Loans, Checking, Savings, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Personal Loans|
South African based, African Bank Limited is a retail bank that offers financial products and services. The Bank is licensed as a "locally-controlled bank" by the South African Reserve Bank ('SARB') .
Headquartered in Midrand, South Africa, the bank has a countrywide branch distribution network in addition to a full digital channel offering as well as Sales, Collections and Customer Service Contact Centres.
On the 10 August 2014, the predecessor entity, also called African Bank Limited, a subsidiary of a Johannesburg Stock Exchange listed bank controlling company African Bank Investments Limited was placed under curatorship in terms of the South African Banks Act, Act 94 of 1990,by the SARB.
The SARB announced a restructuring proposal, which together with the financial support of a number of key financial stakeholders, including a consortium of six South African banks, the SARB and the Public Investment Corporation and the restructuring of capital market liabilities of the predecessor African Bank Limited for the Bank was designed to create a new banking group to acquire the viable portion of the business of predecessor African Bank Limited.
On 2 March 2016, African Bank received the required support from the existing creditors for the Bank's restructuring proposal.
On the 4 April 2016, the new African Bank Limited opened its doors as the new entity, with the required licences and registrations required by the various regulators in place.
- Basani Maluleke - CEO
- Gustav Raubenheimer - CFO
- Lindiwe Miyambu - Group Executive: Human Capital
- Piet Swanepoel - Chief Risk Officer
- George Roussos- Group Executive: Digital & Transactional Banking
- Vere Millican - Group Executive: Credit and Data Sciences
- Mellony Ramalho - Managing Executives: Sales, Branch Network
- Serge Mosime - Managing Executives: Sales, Credit Direct
- Penny Futter- Chief Information Officer
- Kena Setshogoe- Group Executive: Customer Engagement
- List of banks in South Africa
- Reserve Bank of South Africa
- Economy of South Africa
- African Central Bank
- List of Licensed Banks In South Africa Archived 2009-05-24 at the Wayback Machine
- "African Bank curator will retire end June". Moneyweb. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "How Tom Winterboer saved African Bank". CapeTalk. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "African Bank set for Monday launch". Moneyweb. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- "Executives". African Bank. 2016-04-07. Archived from the original on 2016-04-23. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to African Bank Limited.|
- Website of African Bank
- Website of Reserve Bank of South Africa
- Company Overview of African Bank by Bloomberg
|This African bank or banking-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This South African corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|