Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up agonist, agonism, or agonistic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Agonist (from Ancient Greek ἀγωνιστής: agōnistēs, “combatant, champion”) may refer to:
- A person engaged in a contest or struggle (see agon)
- An advocate of the political theory of agonism (or "agonistic pluralism")
- Agonist, a substance that binds to a receptor to induce a biochemical response
- Inverse agonist, a substance that induces the opposite effect of an agonist
- Agonist (muscle), a muscle type
- Samson Agonistes, a tragedy by John Milton
- The Agonist, a Canadian metal band
- Agonistic behaviour, animal behaviour relating to conflict
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Agonist.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.