Agreement (political party)
|Vice Chairmen||Robert Anacki |
|Founded||4 November 2017|
|Preceded by||Poland Together|
|Headquarters||ul. Wilcza 23 m. 29, 00-544 Warszawa|
|Youth wing||Young Right (Polish: Młoda Prawica)|
|Political position||Centre-right to right-wing|
|National affiliation||United Right|
|European affiliation||European Conservatives and Reformists|
12 / 460
5 / 100
1 / 51
19 / 552
Agreement (Polish: Porozumienie), is a conservative and liberal conservative political party in Poland. It was founded as Alliance (Polish: Zjednoczenie) in November 2017, led by Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Science and Higher Education Jarosław Gowin, as an expansion of Gowin's previous party, Poland Together, before changing its name. It is allied with the ruling party of Poland, Law and Justice (PiS), as part of the informal United Right coalition, and most of its MPs and Senators sit in the PiS parliamentary club.
On October 13, 2017, Gowin announced at a press conference regarding ex-Kukiz'15 and Republican MP Magdalena Błeńska's decision to join Poland Together that it would be transformed into a new party including elements of the Republicans, former members of Janusz Korwin-Mikke's Liberty party, and local politicians at its November 4 congress. According to Poland Together members, the decision was partly taken to strengthen Gowin's position within the United Right and to avoid confusion with the left-wing Razem party. Several days later, it was revealed that the ex-Civic Platform mayor of Kalisz, Grzegorz Sapiński, and the Christian Local Government Movement founded by former Łódź mayor Jerzy Kropiwnicki would also join the new party. Ex-Polish People's Party senator Józef Zając joined Poland Together on October 30 in anticipation of the new party's official launch.
At the November 4 Poland Together congress, the name of the new party was revealed as Porozumienie (Alliance). Gowin announced that Błeńska, Zając, and ex-Modern MP Zbigniew Gryglas would join the Alliance, with Błeńska and Gryglas becoming deputy leaders, as well as the creation of programmatic, local government, and economic councils to advise the leadership of the new party.
The party defines itself as a "modern conservative" party, with strong emphasis on economic liberalism and reducing bureaucracy, and claims to be moderately conservative on social and cultural issues. It believes that local government should be encouraged and supported by the central government.
- Kolanko, Michał. ""Porozumienie" stało się faktem". rp.pl. Rzeczpospolita. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Deputy PM wooing the urban middle class". Poland In. 13 January 2019.
- Gałązka, Dariusz (22 November 2017). "Nowa partia Gowina w Gdańsku. "Przyjęliśmy formułę nowoczesnego konserwatyzmu"". wyborcza.pl. Gazeta Wyborcza. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Polish conservative leader hails new centre-right Alliance party". Radio Poland. 4 November 2017.
- "United Right joint programme in few weeks - Deputy PM". Polish Press Agency. 13 January 2019.
- "Jarosław Gowin przedstawił nazwę nowej partii. Odczytano list prezesa PiS". wprost.pl. Wprost. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Baran, Violetta. "Jarosław Gowin o nowej formacji: w polityce najważniejsza jest gospodarka". wp.pl. Wirtualna Polska. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Gowin: "4 listopada podczas kongresu Polski Razem zostanie zaprezentowana nowa formacja polityczna"". wpolityce.pl. Wpolityce.pl. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Łakomski, Grzegorz. "Gowin tworzy nową partię przez Ziobrę i… Zandberga". wp.pl. Wirtualna Polska. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Durman, Natalia. "Kolejna osoba w nowej partii Gowina". wp.pl. Wirtualna Polska. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Durman, Natalia. "Kolejny ruch dołącza do Gowina". wp.pl. Wirtualna Polska. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- Roszak, Mateusz; Tustanowska, Anna. "Gowin: do Polski Razem dołącza senator Józef Zając". pap.pl. Polish Press Agency. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Polish conservative leader hails new centre-right Alliance party". thenews.pl. Polskie Radio. Retrieved 20 December 2017.
- "Informacja po Konwencji Zjednoczeniowej Partii Porozumienie (komunikat)". centrumprasowe.pap.pl. Polish Press Agency. Retrieved 20 December 2017.