Agreement for Change
|General Secretary||Henri Falcón|
|Founded||21 June 2018|
|Split from||Democratic Unity Roundtable|
|Seats in the National Assembly|
8 / 167
|Seats in the Latin American Parliament|
1 / 12
|Seats in the Mercosur Parliament|
1 / 23
0 / 23
15 / 335
Agreement for Change (Spanish: Concertación por el Cambio) is a Venezuelan coalition created on June 21, 2018 by former 2018 presidential candidate and Chavismo defector Henri Falcón. The coalition initially integrated seven political parties opposed to the government of Nicolás Maduro. The alliance is committed to what they call the "democratic route" through mechanisms such as voting, dialogue, peaceful protests and the rejection of foreign intervention.
On June 21, 2018, Progressive Advance leader and former 2018 presidential candidate Henri Falcon, announced the creation of the alliance, composed of the political parties and movements who supported his candidacy in the recent presidential elections of May 2018. Falcon said that there was separated from the Democratic Unity Roundtable - a coalition in which militated since 2010 - but it is "deviated from its path," claiming that his coalition will follow the electoral "route". He also said that his platform will present proposals to the country in the face of the current crisis it faces.
Parties and movements
Among the political parties and movements that make up this coalition are:
|Movement for Socialism||Democratic socialism|
|Let's Change Movement||Pluralism|
|Ecological Movement of Venezuela||Ecology|
|Solutions Movement||Social democracy|
|Together Movement||Democratic socialism|
|Independents for National Community||Bolivarianism|
|Front Movement with Venezuela||Pluralism|
- 2018 Venezuelan municipal elections: 9 municipal officials (2.7%)
- El Hatillo Municipality
- Chacao Municipality
- Monte Carmelo (Trujillo) Municipality
- Maneiro Municipality
- Los Salias Municipality
- Diego Bautista Urbaneja Municipality
- Simón Rodríguez (Táchira) Municipality
- Seboruco Municipality
- Francisco de Miranda Municipality
- Antonio Pinto Salinas Municipality
- Guaraque Municipality
- Buchivacoa Municipality
- Avendano, Shari (21 June 2018). "Henri Falcón anuncia creación de la alianza opositora Concertación por el Cambio" [Henri Falcón announces creation of the opposition alliance Concertación por el Cambio]. Efecto Cocuyo (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Davies, Vanessa (3 August 2018). "Enrique Ochoa Antich: la oposición debe escoger entre Maria Corina y la vía electoral" [Enrique Ochoa Antich: the opposition must choose between María Corina and the electoral route]. Contrapunto (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 May 2019.[dead link]
- "Concertación por el Cambio: Reforma económica debe ser consensuada con el Gobierno" [Agreement for Change: Economic reform must be agreed with the Government]. Noticiero Digital (in Spanish). 4 July 2018. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- Reyes, Ascension (6 July 2018). "Se agudiza la crisis en la MUD" [The crisis in the MUD intensifies]. El Nacional (in Spanish). Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "Crean nueva plataforma opositora liderada por Copei, Avanzada Progresista y el MAS" [New opposition platform led by Copei, Avanzada Progresista and MAS is created]. Noticiero Digital (in Spanish). 31 May 2018. Retrieved 21 May 2019.