Al Del Greco
|No. 3, 10, 17|
|Born:||March 2, 1962|
Providence, Rhode Island
|Height:||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight:||200 lb (91 kg)|
|High school:||Coral Gables Senior|
(Coral Gables, Florida)
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Albert Louis "Al" Del Greco (born March 2, 1962) is a former American football placekicker and a current sports radio personality. After eight years as golf coach at Spain Park High School coach in Hoover, Alabama, Del Greco was named the head coach of the men's golf team at Samford University on May 2, 2014.
Del Greco finished his 17 NFL seasons with 347 of 449 (77%) field goals and 551 of 554 (99.46%) extra points, giving him a total of 1,592 points. As of 2018, he's ranked 21st on the NFL's list of all-time leading scorers. He was inducted in the Alabama Hall of Fame. He was nicknamed "Automatic Al." For his popularity in fantasy football leagues, some fans consider him to be the greatest kicker in history.
A four-year letterman at Auburn, Del Greco completed 110 out of 111 PATs in his college career. He also set the SEC record for field goal attempts in a single game and field goals made in a single game in a 1982 game versus Kentucky where he made six out of his seven attempts. As of 2016, He and Daniel Carlson are tied for the most field goals in a single game for Auburn at 6. His 236 career points place him fifth on the Auburn career scoring list.
At Spain Park High School in Hoover, Alabama, Del Greco was the boys golf coach and the football team's kicking coach. His son, Trey was the football team's place kicker prior to graduating after the 2007 season. Trey went on to play golf on an athletic scholarship at Vanderbilt University. In 2003, Del Greco became Birmingham Steeldogs' kickers coach.
His daughter Erica is an alumna of Auburn University and is married to Ardell. His son Derrick graduated from Auburn in May 2016.
Career regular season statisticsCareer high/best bolded
|Regular season statistics|
|Career (17 seasons)||248||347||449||77.3||13–13||112–123||110–128||91–145||21–40||56||1||543||551||98.5||1584|
Titans franchise records
- Most all-time field goals made (246)
- Most all-time extra points made (322)
- Most all-time points scored (1,060)
Del Greco has competed at the American Century Championship, an annual competition to determine the best golfers among American sports and entertainment celebrities. He won the tournament in 1998 and has a total of ten top ten finishes. It was in 2000 when Del Graco’s 7 under par 65, gave him the 2000 trophy. The tournament, televised by NBC in July, is played at Edgewood Tahoe Golf Course in Lake Tahoe, Nevada. He also played with his new daughter in law Stephanie.
- "2016-17 Men's Golf Coaching Staff". Samford University Athletics. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "Al Del Greco Added to Steeldogs Coaching Staff". Birmingham Steeldogs. Retrieved October 18, 2006.
- "Printable Biography of Al Del Greco". All American Speakers. Retrieved May 21, 2007.
- "SEC Football Record Book - Individuals". Southeastern Conference. Archived from the original on August 26, 2007. Retrieved May 21, 2007.
- "Al Del Greco". Spain Park High School Coaches. Archived from the original on February 4, 2007. Retrieved January 8, 2007.
- "American Century Championship Top Ten Performances". Tahoe Celebrity Golf.com. Retrieved July 16, 2010.
- "The Golf Course". Edgewood Tahoe.com. Retrieved July 16, 2010.