Alabama State Route 188
|Maintained by ALDOT|
|Length||19.686 mi (31.682 km)|
|West end||CR 11|
US 90 / SR 16
|East end||SR 193|
State Route 188 or SR-188 is a 19.686-mile (31.682 km) state highway that serves as an east-west connection through southern Mobile County. SR-188 intersects Interstate 10 at its western terminus and SR-193 at its eastern terminus.
State Route 188 begins just north of its intersection with I-10 north of Grand Bay. From this point, the route travels in a southerly direction through a brief concurrency with US-90 before taking a southeasterly course upon leaving Grand Bay. SR-188 continues its southeasterly course just prior to reaching Bayou La Batre where it turns to the south and remains in a north-south orientation. Upon its exit from Bayou La Batre, SR-188 returns to its easterly course through its eastern terminus at SR-193.
The entire route is in Mobile County.
|Grand Bay||0.000||0.000||CR 11 north||Western terminus|
|0.126||0.203||I-10 – Pascagoula, Mobile||I-10 exit 4.|
|1.491||2.400||US 90 west (SR-16 west)||Beginning of brief US-90 concurrency|
|1.670||2.688||US 90 east (SR-16 east) – Mobile||End of brief US-90 concurrency|
|||19.686||31.682||SR 193 – Mobile, Dauphin Island||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Milepost Map of Mobile County (PDF) (Map). Cartography by ALDOT Bureau of Transportation Planning, Survey & Mapping Division. Alabama Department of Transportation. 1999. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-06-25.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-188 western terminus" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-188 in Grand Bay" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-188 through Bayou La Batre" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.
- Google (May 1, 2010). "SR-188 eastern terminus" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved May 1, 2010.