Aldergrove railway station
|12 November 1871||Station opened|
|12 September 1960||Station closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain|
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
Aldergrove railway station is a former railway station which served the townland of Aldergrove in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. It was south of Antrim, near RAF Aldergrove and Belfast International Airport.
The station was opened in 1871 by the Dublin and Antrim Junction Railway, which in 1879 became part of the Great Northern Railway (Ireland). In 1958 it passed to the Ulster Transport Authority, which withdrew passenger services from the line and closed the station in 1960.
Aldergrove railway station could be reopened to serve Belfast International Airport.
Currently the Lisburn–Antrim railway line is closed so plans for a station to serve the airport (a few hundred yards away) are aspirational. The line, and plans for a station here, between Crumlin and Antrim could be revived under plans to operate a Belfast - Lisburn - Antrim - Belfast circular route
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Crumlin||Great Northern Railway (Ireland)
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
|This article on a railway station in Northern Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|