|Born: November 12, 1995|
Faedo attended Braulio Alonso High School in Tampa, Florida. As a senior, he went 6–2 with a 0.58 earned run average (ERA) and 68 strikeouts in 48 innings. As a junior, he was 8–2 with a 1.15 ERA and threw a no-hitter. Faedo was drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the 40th round of the 2014 Major League Baseball draft, but did not sign and attended the University of Florida to play college baseball.
As a freshman at Florida in 2015, Faedo appeared in 17 games with 12 starts and went 6–1 with a 3.23 ERA and 59 strikeouts. As a sophomore in 2016, he started 17 games and went 13–3 with a 3.18 ERA and 133 strikeouts. After the season, Faedo played for the United States collegiate national team. As a junior in 2017, he started 17 games during the regular season, and went 7–2 with a 2.60 ERA, with 132 strikeouts over 107 1⁄3 innings pitched, and helped lead Florida to the College World Series, and win their first National Championship. During the College World Series, Faedo allowed five hits and no runs, with 22 strikeouts in 14 1⁄3 innings against TCU. He was named to the All-Tournament Team and awarded the College World Series Most Outstanding Player.
Faedo was again drafted by the Detroit Tigers, in the first round, 18th overall, of the 2017 Major League Baseball draft. He signed with the Tigers, but did not make his professional debut in 2017 and sat out the season due to his workload at Florida. Faedo began the 2018 season with the Lakeland Flying Tigers of the Class A-Advanced Florida State League. On June 18, the Tigers promoted Faedo to the Erie SeaWolves of the Class AA Eastern League. In 24 total starts between the two teams, he went 5-10 with a 4.02 ERA. Faedo returned to Erie to begin 2019.
- "Alonso's Faedo captures Tony Saladino Award". June 14, 2014.
- "Alonso's Faedo tosses no-hitter at home". April 13, 2013.
- "Hillsborough baseball preview: Spotlight doesn't faze Alonso's Alex Faedo".
- "Florida high school sports – Alonso's Alex Faedo chooses UF". www.tampabay.com.
- "Sophomore Pitcher Alex Faedo is Turning Heads for the Gators – ESPN 98.1 FM – 850 AM WRUF". www.wruf.com.
- "Alex Faedo Sidelined For Fall Ball - BaseballAmerica.com". September 29, 2016.
- "Alonso High alum Alex Faedo named to USA Baseball college team". Tampa Bay Times.
- Beck, Jason (June 12, 2017). "Tigers take college RHP Faedo with 18th pick". MLB.com. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Olson, Eric (June 28, 2017). "Florida wins College World Series; Tigers' Alex Faedo named MVP". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved June 28, 2017.
- "Detroit Tigers draft Alonso alum Alex Faedo 18th overall". Tampa Bay Times. June 12, 2017. Retrieved June 13, 2017.
- "The Tigers should be aggressive with prospect Alex Faedo". Bless You Boys. Retrieved February 1, 2018.
- Sipple, George (June 18, 2018). "Detroit Tigers promote RHP Alex Faedo, OF Daz Cameron to Double-A Erie". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved June 19, 2018.
- "Alex Faedo Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved October 11, 2018.